CTRM Order Of Tasks

Hello – in need of advice

Is there a preferred order of tasks to complete?

i.e 5, 8, 10 (written tasks) then 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9 (calculations and multiple choice)

Or is it best to approach 1 to 10 ?

Many thanks
Rob

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I didn't do this module but generally I'd say do the auto marked questions first as they tend to be quicker, which means you can get them out the way and focus on the written ones.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • LewisScarr
    LewisScarr Registered Posts: 12
    @Robdavid85 My tutor has advised to do the written tasks first, as they take up the most time and the risk of running out of time is smaller. I am using this advice and will be doing tasks, 5, 8 and 10 first,
  • jadeterry
    jadeterry Registered Posts: 26
    Here are the weighting of the questions (scoring higher marks in the heavier weighted questions will gain you more marks overall and therefore a higher chance of passing)

1. Use statistical techniques and financial information to prepare forecasts of cash receipts and payments - 10%
    2. Prepare cash budgets and monitor cash flows within the organisation - 20%
    3. Evaluate the principles of cash management within the context of regulation and government monetary policies - 20%
    4. Evaluate ways of raising finance in accordance with organisational requirements - 25%
    5. Evaluate ways of investing surplus funds within organisational policies - 25%

I have sat this exam and would definitely recommend doing the written tasks first. I think if you were to leave the written to the end and didn't have a lot of time, it may put you under pressure and cause you to forget things!! I do my written answers first, do the rest of the tasks and then any time I have at the end I can look back to add extras into my written.
Privacy Policy