L4 Synoptic

Options
marie1234
marie1234 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi,

I am doing an upcoming exam AAT L4 Synoptic. Can anyone give me some guidance on what is examined. On the face of it, there is a book, however I have been told that it is a summary of the entire syllabus and so everything is up for grabs.

Comments

• KoopaCooper
    KoopaCooper Registered Posts: 224
    Options
    Basically yes, the synoptic exam is intended to be a recap of the entire level you've finished studying - there'll be comprehensive questions covering aspects from across all modules.

Naturally, not everything will be covered in the synoptic - there's just too much to put it all in there - but as you'll have no idea what exactly is gonna come up, you'll need to be prepared for anything.

Best of luck! :D
    Accounts Executive, ғɪᴀʙ ᴍᴀᴀᴛ
    QBO & Xero certified advisor

AAT
    Level 2 Certificate in Accounting - 17 Jun 2015
    Level 3 Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jan 2016
    Level 4 Diploma in Accounting - 19 Dec 2017
    MAAT - 27 Mar 2018

ACCA
    Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business...
    F4 Corporate and Business Law - 4 Jun 2019
    F5 Performance Management - 15 July 2019
    F6 Taxation (United Kingdom) - 3 Dec 2019
    F8 Audit and Assurance - 2 Mar 2020
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Hi Marie,

I am afraid the entire syllabus can be examined. Yes there is alot to recap on and learn, however if you plan your revision in bite size chunks this should help you to not be so overwhelmed.

The main areas I practised by topic were:

IAS's from Financial Statements
    Different types of Budgets from Budgeting
    Variances from Decision & Control
    Ratios from all of the above exams & writing confidently.

Accounting systems specific areas, a SWOT Analysis.

Don't forget the synoptic material, getting familiar with the chosen company, and the data provided (remember this is given in the exam) so you do not need to learn it word for word.....

There are some really helpful resources on the AAT website and the practice mock papers on there are a really good indication of what to expect in the live assessment.

If you are studying with a training provider they should also have mock exams which you can complete and receive feedback on.

Best of luck! :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
Privacy Policy