How many units are required before taking AAT level 4 synoptic exam

haiyen90hnhaiyen90hn Posts: 2Registered, AAT Student
Hi, I'm studying by myself and planning to book for level 4 exam in advanced.
How many units do I had to finished before I can sit the synoptic exam? Are there only 3 mandatory units to be done or I have to do the 2 of optional units as well?

Thank you

Comments

• amurrayamurray Feels At Home Posts: 234Registered, AATQB
    Hi there,
    There are 3 compulsory units to the Professional Diploma (Level 4) qualification. You have to of attempted all of these 3 exams before you can sit your Professional Synoptic. Even if you fail one or more of these core exams you can still attempt the Synoptic.

The optional units do not form part of the Synoptic in any way and therefore can be sat at anytime.

Hope this helps.
    AATQB, FIAB.
    *MAAT hopefully to follow soon!
  • Pian32Pian32 Posts: 107Registered
    Just some extra infomation from what amurray has given.

The synoptic has a section itself which you will want time to study well in addition to the 3 core units. This section features very heavily within the synoptic question questions.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    amurray
  • amurrayamurray Feels At Home Posts: 234Registered, AATQB
    edited January 13
    Pian32 said:

Just some extra infomation from what amurray has given.

The synoptic has a section itself which you will want time to study well in addition to the 3 core units. This section features very heavily within the synoptic question questions.

Thanks Pian32, how could I forgot the controls/systems section of the exam! - I actually enjoyed that part :lol:
    AATQB, FIAB.
    *MAAT hopefully to follow soon!
  • haiyen90hnhaiyen90hn Posts: 2Registered, AAT Student
    Thank you guys a lot, now I can make my study planning more clearly
    amurray