PDSY Exam

I have just sat the PDSY and all I can say is was an awful, awful exam it is! It was my first attempt and could never be prepared for the content which came up. I have been revising thoroughly since I booked it back in November however, looking at the questions asked it was almost as though I had never revised before! Bring on the re-sit is all I can say.. :s

Comments

• Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    Hey @Fee2019 I know what you mean. My first time reaction was same. I had my exam second time today. It wasn't too bad, but this time I run almost of the time.
    I was slightly lucky with question 4 n 6, it was almost similar as last time so I didn't had to read word by word scenario. But downside was I got lost what I can write something new this time ?.
    This exam is very demanding, I truly think 3 hours is not enough or they should reduce one question if they expect us to write in good standard.
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Fee2019 said:

I have just sat the PDSY and all I can say is was an awful, awful exam it is! It was my first attempt and could never be prepared for the content which came up. I have been revising thoroughly since I booked it back in November however, looking at the questions asked it was almost as though I had never revised before! Bring on the re-sit is all I can say.. :s

Ishrat said:

Hey @Fee2019 I know what you mean. My first time reaction was same. I had my exam second time today. It wasn't too bad, but this time I run almost of the time.

I was slightly lucky with question 4 n 6, it was almost similar as last time so I didn't had to read word by word scenario. But downside was I got lost what I can write something new this time ?.

This exam is very demanding, I truly think 3 hours is not enough or they should reduce one question if they expect us to write in good standard.

Try not to worry guys! It was always going to be a nasty exam. Sometimes the wording throws you and puts you off and worries you. What the question actually asks is usually simple, but the wording they give you makes you panic.

I passed on my 2nd attempt but I wouldn't say the exam was any easier 2nd time round, I was just used to the wording. You just get used to the style of it also.

Try not to worry about something that may not happen.

You may surprise yourself! :)
  • Ishrat
    @Emmalouise18 Hey Emma, I was thinking of messaging you n as just I saw your name appeared ?. I thought of you during the exam too, especially with the question 2. I mentioned about the standard costing and was trying to include the points you mentioned. It wasn't difficult, I think it's the time issue.
    I had a problem with the pre release, again I couldn't refer back to pre release as much. I struggled, I mentioned alot to additional information. But pre release information doesn't seems to be much relevant to questions. Maybe it's me the way I think of this. I included little bit of info. Thanks for your help ?. Will let you know how it went end of April.
  • Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Ishrat said:

@Emmalouise18 Hey Emma, I was thinking of messaging you n as just I saw your name appeared ?. I thought of you during the exam too, especially with the question 2. I mentioned about the standard costing and was trying to include the points you mentioned. It wasn't difficult, I think it's the time issue.

I had a problem with the pre release, again I couldn't refer back to pre release as much. I struggled, I mentioned alot to additional information. But pre release information doesn't seems to be much relevant to questions. Maybe it's me the way I think of this. I included little bit of info. Thanks for your help ?. Will let you know how it went end of April.

Well done i'm glad I could help! As long as you explain your points and explain the budget type then you will get marks. Timing is the issue yes, the minutes go by so fast unfortunately :(

Maybe thats just how your exam was, nobody has the exact same exam questions so some people may be able to refer to this more than others. You have done your best and thats all anyone can ask for@

Good luck and fingers crossed you have passed!
  • Fee2019
    Fee2019 Registered Posts: 25
    edited March 2020
    Comment removed

[A Contribution must not disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise]
  • Ishrat
    edited March 2020
    Comment removed

[A Contribution must not disclose any material from live assessments, AAT-produced or otherwise]
  • AAT_Team
    AAT_Team Administrator Posts: 502 🤖 Admin 🤖
    edited March 2020
    Please be careful when discussing live assessments. Mentioning specifics about the material you experienced in your exams is not permitted.

We have three episodes of AAT Xtra dedicated to PDSY. Please use these resources to help your revision.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTAN8GYX3TQ&list=PLstiFxFu9E4X-w_SqEQY5TxWrDUBW2v6K
  • Fee2019
    Fee2019 Registered Posts: 25
    I take this all back - PDSY exam passed first time! So happy to say my AAT studies are finally complete =)
Privacy Policy