Notes and Advice on Ruby Dale

Has anybody got any notes or tips for what type of questions might come up for ruby dale ?

Comments

• amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Harry,

Have you had a look at the examiners report on the AAT website under the study search, you may be able to pick up some ideas up from there.

Also the AAT mocks online tend to be very similar in format/questions to the real exams.

Are you studying with a college/training provider or are you self studying? - The reason I ask is if you are studying with a college or training provider they should be able to give you some further pointers to what kind of questions that you can expect.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Harry_1998
    Harry_1998 Registered Posts: 23
    Self studying
    My exam is on 18th July. i have time for it but i am a bit stressed at the moment.
  • amurray
    > @Harry_1998 said:
    > Self studying
    > My exam is on 18th July. i have time for it but i am a bit stressed at the moment.

Would certainly suggest attempting the AAT online mock and seeing how that goes. I found the mock really helpful for my synoptic exam prep.
  • Harry_1998
    Are there any subjects that you recommend that i should focus on for MA:Budgeting and MA: Decsion and control
  • amurray

Are there any subjects that you recommend that i should focus on for MA:Budgeting and MA: Decsion and control

I would do all of the Greenlight tests on the AAT website for Financial Statements/Budgeting & Decision & Control. Really make sure you are comfortable with all the Ratios and ofcourse the written elements.
  • Harry_1998
    Quick question have you done the synoptic exam for Lvl 4 ?
  • amurray
    Yes but I sat this quite some time ago now, early 2019 I think it was.... I found it a tough unit but recapped on all the mandatory units and did lots of written practice, and lots of mocks!
  • Harry_1998
    Sounds fair enough , my revision is now starting to pick up.
  • Ishrat
    Ishrat Registered Posts: 49
    Hello @Harry_1998 yes practice mock exam papers (both exams on AAT website) . It'll help you alot, try to see and analyse every question and write answers as how it would impact Ruby Dale.

To be honest I didn't revise previous units as much when sitting exam for synoptic.
    I sat exam twice and passed on second attempt. First time I went in clueless and didn't practise mock paper. The biggest challenge I had both times managing time.
    This exam really test your time management skill. Both times I submitted the paper with no seconds left and did not chance to double check answers.

The information given to you in each scenario helps you. For example question 3 weakness/ strengths or task 6 on SWOT alot of the information is there, we just have to read carefully n analyse. Q 1, multiple choice usually ethics etc. Q 2 budgeting (motivating managers, internal control, analyse budget report).
    Question 5 is ratio,
    In a way you can imagine what sort of things you are expected to know and answer which is good.

There were few videos from AAT website re budgeting and SWOT question, which is really helpful.

All the best.
Privacy Policy