Home For accounting professionals AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
Current updates regarding coronavirus (Covid-19) and the precautions AAT are taking will be continually updated on the below page.

Please check this link for the latest updates:
We hope you are all safe and well and if you need us we will be here. 💚

Tax avoidance schemes

Help, my employer has taken on new clients that have previously used a tax avoidance scheme, the previous accountant “disappeared”. The accounts are overdue and my employer wants me to do the accounts which I am not comfortable with. I am the sole accountant. The scheme used was a loan scheme. DOTAS refers to the promoter and user to Disclose the scheme which would then be investigated and arrangement for tax to be paid. I can’t find anywhere how to account for the income/outgoings in the actual accounts. Do I treat as income and dividends. Do I report the scheme? Any help is much appreciated


  • NeillawNeillaw New Member RossendaleMAAT, AAT Licensed Accountant Posts: 271
    Are you in practice?
    I would first seek advice from your employer as this is his client, it could also get really messy when it's not your client.
  • ak1ak1 MAAT Posts: 2
    I agree, it could get really messy and not something I want to be involved with so have gone back to my employer. Thanks for taking the trouble to reply.

Sign In or Register to comment.