Furlough for staff who have worked part of the month then furloughed the rest of the month

Options
Hi, I have a part time member of staff who usually works Wed to Friday but has been furloughed for part of the month. I can find lots of information of how to calculate the furlough pay but my co workers and I cannot agree on how to pay the balance of her pay. The member of staff in question is salaried. I think her pay should be calculated by calculating a daily rate by dividing the days in the month by the monthly salary then multiplying the no of days furloughed by the daily rate and paying them at 80%. With regards the pay for the days she worked I used the same formula ie daily rate at 100% for the balance of the days in the month. Can anybody advise what they have done?

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options

Hi, I have a part time member of staff who usually works Wed to Friday but has been furloughed for part of the month. I can find lots of information of how to calculate the furlough pay but my co workers and I cannot agree on how to pay the balance of her pay. The member of staff in question is salaried. I think her pay should be calculated by calculating a daily rate by dividing the days in the month by the monthly salary then multiplying the no of days furloughed by the daily rate and paying them at 80%. With regards the pay for the days she worked I used the same formula ie daily rate at 100% for the balance of the days in the month. Can anybody advise what they have done?

Calculating her daily rate is more fair as she has had the month split. Calculate the daily rate and for the days she has actually worked, pay her from the company and for the days she has been furloughed, pay her 80% and claim the costs from government.

Thank you x
Privacy Policy