How hard is self studying Level 3?

Options
I've finished level 2 self studying and had no problems whatsoever. However I'm unsure if the step up to level 3 will be too much, has anyone self studied level 3 and how hard was it?

Comments

• thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I'm not sure if on demand is classed as self studying... (basically text books with recorded short tutorials) but I would say the step from level 2 to level 3 isn't huge...... go for it!!!!
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • mr10
    mr10 Registered Posts: 26
    Options
    > @thelowendtheory18 said:
    > I'm not sure if on demand is classed as self studying... (basically text books with recorded short tutorials) but I would say the step from level 2 to level 3 isn't huge...... go for it!!!!

What are the prices like for on demand? The main reason I want to self study is because of how much money it saves.
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Very expensive ... but my employer paid for it...circa £1,600
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think the jump up from Levels 2 to 3 depends on your learning style, how quickly you pick up information etc - I took a while to pick up information as Accountancy was a new subject for me, therefore having a training provider suited me perfectly.

Ofcourse going with a training provider is much more expensive than self-studying. Saying that most training providers have discounts running at certain times throughout the year. My training provider always had atleast 15%+ off of their courses.
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    edited August 2020
    Options
    @mr10

If you're looking at on demand have a look at 'accountancy learning' they have different tiers so the cost will depend on finding a cheaper exam centre. They have a self-study package which gives you video presentations, materials and Osborne books* for £289. This doesn't have a tutor. If you want a tutor it goes up to £749.

Neither of these include exams or AAT fees which obviously depend on the exam centre you use.

* it doesn't list the books but I received them when I was with them so might need to double check

Edit: Just noticed the costs include a summer discount. (£30 for the self study and £70 for the tutor)
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • mr10
    Options
    @Pian32 That sounds amazing, I'd ideally like to save as much money as possible so may pass on the tutor. Do you think the video presentations explain things sufficiently?
  • Pian32
    Options
    From what I remember they covered the topics fairly well although I did do most of my learning from the book.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • mr10
    Options
    @Pian32 Did you have to use the tutor often? Sorry for all the questions I just want to be sure before I buy.
  • Pian32
    Options
    @mr10 For the level 3 I didn't use a tutor at all. Level 4 I had one but I only used him for marking exam papers (3 is easy to self mark, 4 is significantly harder to self mark)
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22