Searching for work experience

alexh
alexh Registered Posts: 1
Hi everyone

I am searching for Bookkeeping/Accounting experience in the Wirral/Liverpool area. I am already a Business & Finance Graduate, however I am currently an AAT Level 2 student who has just passed BKCL and BTRN exams, moving onto Elements of Costing and so forth.

Gaining work experience in Bookkeeping/Accounting is something i am finding very difficult, and so I would massively appreciate it if anyone could help me find some much needed experience in the Wirral/Liverpool area!

Kind regards

Alex :)

Comments

• mr10
    mr10 Registered Posts: 26
    You mean as in voluntary experience? Not sure if it's actually that valuable, been doing it for a month and haven't got any interviews in that time.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Alex

Not sure if you've found any and unfortunatly I'm not in a position to help. However counter to mr10 I got my current position by volunterring (I was 1 exam into the L3 AAT). I did a week with them and was offered temp work at the end and at the end of the year was taken on full time.

Their is value in the voluntary work it shows the employer you're serious about getting going in the field. Even if it doesn't pay off initially it should long term.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • RichardAAT
    RichardAAT Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Pian32 said:

Hi Alex

Not sure if you've found any and unfortunatly I'm not in a position to help. However counter to mr10 I got my current position by volunterring (I was 1 exam into the L3 AAT). I did a week with them and was offered temp work at the end and at the end of the year was taken on full time.

Their is value in the voluntary work it shows the employer you're serious about getting going in the field. Even if it doesn't pay off initially it should long term.

Hi Pian

Which company was this ?
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Afraid it's just a small company in the North East so doesn't really have any branches
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22