Transaction from level 3 to level 4

Options
Hi

I done all my level 3 exam, waiting for my AVSY results (Results on 27 Aug). If I pass, I plan on studying level 4 with online provider in September.

I just wanted to know people opinion on how transaction from level 3 to level 4.

How hard is level 4 compared to level 3?

What are the hardest unit in level 4?

Comments

• Emmalouise18
    Emmalouise18 Registered Posts: 237 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    PepsiMax said:

Hi

I done all my level 3 exam, waiting for my AVSY results (Results on 27 Aug). If I pass, I plan on studying level 4 with online provider in September.

I just wanted to know people opinion on how transaction from level 3 to level 4.

How hard is level 4 compared to level 3?

What are the hardest unit in level 4?

Level 4 is a huge jump from Level 3. You have to spend a-lot longer revising and studying each module. You cannot 'wing' the exams like level 2.

The hardest exam for me was Decision and Control (took me 4 attempts). Then I'd say Synoptic closely follows.

You need to carry the knowledge learnt from Level 2/3, onto Level 4 and apply it within your exams.

I did Auditing before Synoptic which helped massively, it was still a very hard exam don't get me wrong but Auditing crosses over and there is a lot of similar content.

x
  • amurray
    amurray Registered Posts: 304 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think the jump up from levels 3 to 4 depends on your learning style, how quickly you pick up information etc - I took a while to pick up information as Accountancy was a new subject for me, therefore having a training provider suited me perfectly.

Ofcourse going with a training provider is much more expensive than self-studying. Saying that most training providers have discounts running at certain times throughout the year. My training provider always had atleast 15%+ off of their courses.

My hardest unit in Level 4 was by far MDCL (Management Accounting: Decision & Control). However I stuck at it put in lots of practice and revision and it finally paid off!

Good Luck :)
    MAAT, AATQB, MICB PM.Dip.
    Completed AAT in March 2020
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    There is a jump but I feel it's much more a style change as the written sections in all exams feel very different. The material itself isn't too bad in comparisson, it's what you're expected to do with it that is harder.

You'll have to be more precise with definitions and be prepared to work backwards or link different equations when dealing with variances.

I felt that once you got the hang of the written parts it wasn't that big a difference until the synoptic which felt like another style change.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22