Study Tips

Hello everyone :) I am currently busy with my AAT Level 3 AVBK and would just like to know what is the best method of study.

1. I sum everything up at the end of each chapter and make study notes, flashcards and so on for the final assessment
-or
2. I finish the entire book and then see what I have to study and only focus on that?

I am doing 1 now and its taking me very long that's why I am asking.
Maybe you have a great way for me to study? If so please share with me hehe.

Have a great day :)

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 MAAT Posts: 448
    Hey Megan

Everyone learns differently so you'll have to play around a little to find what works best for you.

For me at AAT I found reading the book as a whole (very few notes) and then doing practice questions worked best. A lot of AAT until level 4 is very numerical and if you understand that, the bits that aren't tend to fall into place.

Now while doing ACCA I make notes on the equations during my first reading and then go through questions by chapter re-reading the text based sections.

AVBK is also one of the larger Level 3 modules so it might go quite slowly due to the amount of content.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Planned Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298
    As Pian32 has just said AVBK is a big old unit.... took me circa 7-8 weeks to be ready for the exam
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
Privacy Policy