Training Providers - Any Recommendations?

Rizqo
Rizqo Registered Posts: 2
edited May 2021 in General discussion
Hello,

I have been studying AAT Level 2 at my local college (July 2021 finish). The experience has generally been very poor for multiple reasons (lack of material, underqualified tutors.. etc) for this reason, I would like to use a provider for Level 3/4.

Are there any recommendations or experiences with any providers? Looking to really get my money's worth.

I have enquired with Kaplan, First Intuition, ICSLearn, Premier Training, Osborne Training, McArthur Morgan, Accountancy Learning and Eagle Education.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Joe

Comments

• Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Joe

It depends on how you want to learn. I did AAT with accountancy learning and it is a self learning provider, you will have support but they don't teach you the material. Tutor will be available to answer questions and mark your progress tests if thats the package you choose.

Kaplan I think will let you choose how to learn. Independant, online or in person (Covid dependant). This is what they do at ACCA so I'm assuming it's an option for AAT as well. The others I can't comment on as I haven't used them.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22
  • Rizqo
    Rizqo Registered Posts: 2
    edited May 2021
    Pian32 said:

Hi Joe

It depends on how you want to learn. I did AAT with accountancy learning and it is a self learning provider, you will have support but they don't teach you the material. Tutor will be available to answer questions and mark your progress tests if thats the package you choose.

Kaplan I think will let you choose how to learn. Independant, online or in person (Covid dependant). This is what they do at ACCA so I'm assuming it's an option for AAT as well. The others I can't comment on as I haven't used them.

Apologies for the late reply!

How did you find it overall at Accountancy Learning?
    Was their material enough to get you through each level comfortably?
    How was the tutor support?

First Intuition, Premier Training and Accountancy Learning are the ones that stand out to me the most. First Intuition more so because they have a fairly local campus that provides AAT > ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Although I do plan on distance learning throughout my studies.

Too many choices I think.
  • Pian32
    Pian32 Registered Posts: 474 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    The material I was given was suitable for me. They provide the osborne books as well as have some online material of their own.

I didn't really use the tutor very much but they would generally mark papers quickly and give good feedback on them.
    AAT Level 4, MAAT
    ACCA in progress
    F4- Passed Aug 2020
    F5- Passed Dec 2020
    F6- Passed Sep 2020
    F7- Passed June 2021
    F8 - Passed Sep 2021
    F9 - Passed June 2021

SBL -
    SBR - Passed Mar 22
    ATX - Passed Dec 21
    APM - Passed June 22