URGENT please about Council grant to business

BernaO
BernaO Registered Posts: 13
Hi All,

The company has £15935 turnover for his trading business. And The company received during accounting period £10,000 of business grant from Brighton and Hove Council also received £2,073 of CJRS from HMRC.

CT600 2021 form I saw new heading for CJRS&JSS.
So I put £15935 of trading turnover to box 145 and out £2073 of CJRS income to box 471 CJRS&JSS received.
Where can I put £10,000 grant form Brighton and Hove council. Should I add to turnover £25,935 or should I put £10,000 into box 205 Income not falling under any other heading.

Comments

• Jagz1234
    Jagz1234 Registered Posts: 13
    The cjrs and grant income is other income.

You declare the cjrs entitlement and received separately, it doesn’t affect the tax comp. box 471 frOm memory.

The cjrs is a dating mining exercise and to get company’s to pay up now any excess.
  • МictorЬiddleton
    МictorЬiddleton Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    edited December 2022
    Firstly, you should know in what category of business grants you fit. Why don't you email the authorities and get a legal response? I'm sure https://www.councilratings.co.uk/ may help you. Sometimes people on forums give you the wrong answer. My brother had some misunderstandings with his grant last year. He applied for government apprenticeships. He nearly lost the money because someone gave him erroneous advice. From then we always ask for a legal response. People's intentions may be good. However, their false information can make you suffer.
Privacy Policy