AQ2016 level 4 or wait for the new AQ2022

Options
AmberH94
AmberH94 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hello all!

I’ve just completed my level 3, and have achieved a distinction in both my level 2 and 3. Achieving this mark was important for me and I worked hard for it.

I say this only because I have the choice of waiting for my level 4 on the AQ2022 or sticking with the level AQ2016.

My course advisor has advised I stick with the 2016. But I worry I may run out of time before the cut off. It’s a stress I could do without.

And (rightly or wrongly) the synoptic was my weakest performing area across levels 2 and 3. The 2022 no longer has a synoptic, and so is more attractive to me.

Would you stick with 2016? The course will likely feel more relatable and I have just under two years to get it done before I should start panicking. Or should I hold out for 2022 for what appears to be an easier more relaxed experience?

If anyone has an average time for completing level 4 that would be extremely helpful. I work full time and likely only have around 5 hours spare a week.

Thank you very much

Comments

• thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    It took me about 18 months to complete my level 4. However my progress was slowed by covid restrictions
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • thelowendtheory18
    thelowendtheory18 Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    If I were you I would crack on with the 2016 syllabus....
    AAT

Level 2 Foundation Certificate in Accounting - 30 Nov 18
    Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting - 16 Oct 19
    Level 4 Professional Diploma in Accounting - 22 Jul 21
  • AmberH94
    AmberH94 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thank you both, I’ve considered my options and I agree that 2016 seems the best option. Thank you for your responses
Privacy Policy