Continuity Cover

Good morning all.

I'm just applying for my licence and I see that there is a need for continuity cover. I'm just wondering how to go about this.

I was a home studier and have spent the last 10 years working in industry finance, most as a management accountant so I've not really met anyone who is qualified and has a practice.

Whats the best way to go about meeting someone for this purpose please?

Thank you!


  • SML2426
    SML2426 Registered Posts: 3
    Would anyone be able to answer my question please?

    I assume we need to provide the same services? Is it better, as I'm starting from scratch, to put a low amount of projections on the form and then, when I breach the threshold, inform AAT?

    Thank you!
  • Krisso
    Krisso AATQB, AAT Licensed Bookkeeper Posts: 117
    When applying for my bookkeepers licence I beleive I checked the box that I would arrange continuity cover once I got to the threshold of clients required for continuity cover. I think you need to be offering the same services.
  • SML2426
    SML2426 Registered Posts: 3
    Hi Krisso,

    Thank you for replying. Yes, I think I will do the same as I'm just starting out in practice. I can perhaps do some networking for a continuity partner at some accounting events when I'm self employed.

    Thanks again!
Privacy Policy