Highlighter function in the exam

I have seen on the examiners report that there is a highlighter function that can be used in the exam, I have been unable to find it, does anyone know how I can find this?

Comments

• Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I assume (never used it so can't confirm) that it is the Dark > at the side of the trial balance (just an example).
  • Jay36598
    Jay36598 Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited December 2021
    jdahoum1 said:

I have seen on the examiners report that there is a highlighter function that can be used in the exam, I have been unable to find it, does anyone know how I can find this?

@jdahoum1 — that highlighter functionality is not like a traditional on-screen highlighter which you might be thinking of. It is slightly different in the AAT software system.

Firstly, kindly click here to see this picture. In it, you will see "arrows" next to each of the rows in the question and also next to the rows in the answering box. If you click this "arrow", the whole relevant row/ amount in it becomes 'highlighted' in green.

This is effectively an on-screen equivalent of marking/ checking down a list of things, which Accountants do most commonly. Imagine if you were taking a paper-based exam, you would make markings on the question paper to work your way through a list of amounts and figures. This is just that, but on-screen.

It works best in bank reconciliation questions, once you know how to work it out. I can't do a bank reconcialition question without using this 'highlighting' function. It also works in a lot of other types of questions.

Please feel free to reply here if you have more question about this.
    AAT Student Member, 2021
    L2 (93%), L3 (90%), L4 (on-going)
Privacy Policy