I have my AATQB Qualification and wish start bookkeeping, what else will in need ?

Options
Sita3croft
Sita3croft Registered Posts: 20 New contributor 🐸
edited March 2022 in Bookkeeping
I have my AATQB Qualification, my goal is to become a bookkeeper either hybrid working or working from home. Where do I go next regards reaching this goal? I have no experience apart from the studies, just a little lost at the moment. I am continuing my studies onto Lv 4, but its the whats next question to start bookkeeping. Thank you and be well.

Comments

• Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I think you will need to gain practical experience in the areas that you want to provide services in. You will also need PI insurance and to take 2 tests on the AAT portal to be able to gain your licence.

For the work experience it might be worth seeing if you can volunteer at a local firm so the can give you the reference for your potential practice areas
  • Sita3croft
    Options
    Krisso, thank you for the advice.

The 2 tests you mentioned, are they ease to find on the site. or do i need to request them from AAT technical. The PI insurance, is this super expensive and do you know who best to go with ?
  • Krisso
    Krisso Registered Posts: 124 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The diagnostic tests can be found here.

https://www.aat.org.uk/membership/licensed-membership-be-your-own-boss/diagnostic-tests-explained

I got my PII through trafalger from the AAT portal but there are other PI insurers if you don’t want to use them. I didn’t find it expensive and they do a monthly payment if you need it.
  • Sita3croft
    Options
    Krisso, appreciate the reply. Thank you for the help and links
Privacy Policy