Reference Material available in exam?

Options
Hi All,

About to take my first L4 exam, Financial Statements, and for this level due to one reason or another I am not using a college/distance learning provider.

In L3 my learning provider gave me information on what reference material would be available to me in the exams.

I've had a look in the Osborne books and the AAT website but I can't seem to find this info easily.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks

Comments

• Laurena273
    Laurena273 Registered Posts: 4
    Options
    Hello,

I completed this yesterday and I am sorry to say there were no reference materials. That would indeed be helpful!
  • Miller
    Miller Registered Posts: 22 New contributor 🐸
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hello, I wish there was ! Such a shame as you are expected to remember all the ratios etc too!
  • ChescaNunn
    ChescaNunn Registered Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for your answers guys - yes... a horrendous amount to remember, well done to those who have completed it already. Wish me luck :-(

• ChescaNunn
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Further to my question above. In my text books, I am getting a lot of practice questions such as 'How does the Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting define a liability?'
    Are we actually expected to regurgitate definitions word for word in the exams? Or as long as you show your understanding, is that sufficient? Equally, should I be trying to memorise the IAS reference numbers, or doesn't that matter?
    I feel like so far I have understood everything pretty well but I am useless at recalling wording and there seems to be an awful lot of 'definitions' so far.
    Thanks again.
  • Laurena273
    Options
    I would write out some flash cards with the definitions and try and memorize them. Or at least memorize as many words from the definition as you can, to put them in a somewhat coherent sentence. I *think* as long as you get the important points in it’s ok, but it’s worth trying to memorize. If I recall correctly in my exam they did ask for a definition of something or other.
    My tutor said to not worry about the ias numbers too much.
    I feel for you, getting to the point of taking this exam was a long slog but I’m so glad it’s over. Just hope I don’t have to retake it! Good luck, you’ll get there.
  • ChescaNunn
    Options
    Thank you, yes flashcards are a good idea, and getting people to test me on them will be my next plan then, remembering the wording is my absolute least favourite part :-(

Thanks for taking the time to answer, good luck with your results!
  • Laurena273
    Options
    I wrote them out and stuck them to the fridge, wrote them out and stuck them to the wall in my office room, wrote them on flash cards, everywhere. I think I wrote them so many times they just got stuck in my head. You can probably remember more than you realize. Let me know how you get on ?
  • Laurena273
    Options
    I got 83%, I’m over the moon!
  • Dervish_Life
    Dervish_Life Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Congrats Laurena, that's a great score. Apart from the flashcards, do you have any other study tips for passing the exams?
Privacy Policy