IAS 2 we use the lower of cost or NRV
I am struggling to understand this.
To me since purchase are an expense that deduct from income. Any left over stock makes sense to match their expense to the coming year where hopefully i will sell those goods. I therefore understand you will have to cr the remaining stock in the p and l for this year.
However it seems obvious to me that you can only use the cost prices as the NRV is not my expense i never laid out that amount of money so how would it make sense to use NRV. and even if NRV is lower but at the end of the day MY expense was the cost..the NRV is not yet applicable!
- All Categories
- 1.2K Books to buy and sell
- 2.3K General discussion
- 18.9K For AAT students
- 234 NEW! Qualifications 2022
- 133 General Qualifications 2022 discussion
- 7 AAT Level 2 Certificate in Accounting
- 31 AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting
- 55 AAT Level 4 Diploma in Professional Accounting
- 8.9K For accounting professionals
- 23 coronavirus (Covid-19)
- 272 VAT
- 91 Software
- 272 Tax
- 135 Bookkeeping
- 7.3K General accounting discussion
- 201 AAT member discussion (AATQB, MAAT, FMAAT and AAT Licensed Accountants and Bookkeepers)
- 3.8K For everyone
- 39 AAT news and announcements
- 352 Feedback for AAT
- 2.8K Chat and off-topic discussion
- 586 Job postings
- 17 Who can benefit from AAT?
- 36 Where can AAT take me?
- 44 Getting started with AAT
- 26 Finding an AAT training provider
- 47 Distance learning and other ways to study AAT
- 25 Apprenticeships
- 65 AAT membership