My accountant doesn't want to give us professional clearance?

viigonzales
viigonzales Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
Hi Guys,

I'm having a problem to get rid of my previous accountant. He is a chartered accountant and is being very unprofessional and is not replying neither our email nor new accountant's email.

I'm applying for my british passport and I need all my P60's from previous years and he is not replying at all and ignore my emails and calls..

Anyone had a similar experience? How shall I proceed?

Thank you guys,
Victoria

Comments

• douglasstroud
    douglasstroud Registered Posts: 298 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Why do you need your accountant to provide you with your P60’s?
    Surely you must have them to have passed them to your accountant in the first place or if you do not then just ask your employer for previous copies.
  • viigonzales
    The problem is, I'm owner of the company as well!! It is my first company. We opened it in 2019 and I'm studying AAT and learning how things work along the way. Unfortunately I learned and now I'm aware that I should keep a copy of p60's, payslips and all information as an employer and not relying on the portal of accountant only.
  • douglasstroud
    Ah I see, are you sure they are ignoring you and there is not another reason maybe holiday or sickness?
    Are the accountants local to you? If so go around and see them.
    Are there any reasons why they may be ignoring you, unpaid fees maybe?
    As far as I am aware they cannot withhold Company records, maybe try again and mention getting a solicitor involved as well as their Governing body, if still no reply then you may well have to get the solicitor involved.
  • viigonzales
    edited August 2022
    Yes, We are on this dillema since june when we asked for the professional clearance. They have 3 chartered accountants on the practice and all of them are ignoring us. My new accountant sent a very strong (but professional) email to them and they just ignored, again. They are part of ICAEW body and we're thinking about getting a solicitor. It's just because solicitors are expensive and time consuming. So we are delaying all this and getting all the options before proceeding to the solicitors.
  • douglasstroud
    Your new accountant does not need professional clearance to act for you and the previous accountant is under no obligation to give it, however they do need to release all of the relevant accounting information, after all this does belong to your Company.
  • davealucas
    davealucas Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    @viigonzales As you are aware that they are members of the ICAEW, have you thought about making a complaint to the ICAEW about their conduct?
  • viigonzales

@viigonzales As you are aware that they are members of the ICAEW, have you thought about making a complaint to the ICAEW about their conduct?

No, I haven't.. do you think I can do this anonymously?
  • davealucas
    davealucas Registered Posts: 144 Dedicated contributor 🦉

No, I haven't.. do you think I can do this anonymously?
    I don't know, but you could try.
Privacy Policy