Foreign income

EPA Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸

I have an existing client whose husband has sadly passed. They lived in South Africa but she has now moved back to the UK after being offered a job.

She has transferred money into her UK bank account from the money received from her husbands life insurance and the Australian Investment he had.

She has filed her taxes in SA but as she has moved the money into a UK bank account we need to declare this on her tax return. My question is how should I declare the Australian investment, as an investment or inheritance ? any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Privacy Policy