Failing exams

Options
maisa7000
maisa7000 Registered Posts: 6 New contributor 🐸
I started my level 3 last Sept and have sat the MATS and FAPS exam. Failing both. everyone else in my class passed it and found it really easy. I feel like I'm the only one that keeps failing and finds it really hard. I've even thought about quiting the course altogether but that in itself will be devastating for me. It's completely knocked my confidence and I feel really demotivated. Is anyone else going through this, do you have any suggestions as to how to stay focused and motivated. I forgot to mention earlier I'm studying the 2022 syllabus.

Comments

• Julian90
    Julian90 Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    I just retook my second exam for Tax Processes for businesses and I got even worse mark than the first time which I only missed it by 2% (got 68%). The exam I did today the questions were beyond difficult and only a portion are covered in the textbook I’m using which I’m thinking of changing. Doing all this self study ain’t helping either.
  • maisa7000
    Options
    Thank you for your response. Trust me teachers are just as useless. What I've realized is that the mock exams are not much like the real thing and they keep throwing things in there that we haven't covered. Have you found that?
  • maisa7000
    Options
    The books had lots of mistakes in them as well Osborne and bpp
  • philippacoomer
    philippacoomer Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Yes the exams have lots of things that aren't covered in the book!
  • anony123
    anony123 Registered Posts: 423 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Guys never give up.
    Failed tax got 67 resat it got 85
    Passed FAPS 81
    Passed MATS 81

Never give up
Privacy Policy