Is it realistic to work remote and in a good position

Options
leoF
leoF Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
So I would like to live abroad to live with my family and know that not all companies agree with remote work... would it be realistic for me to work/work experience while in another country?

Comments

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi,

This is just my opinion so everyone will have their own.

There are jobs out there that still do offer fully working remotely from home and others offer hybrid where you have to come in the office 1 or more days in the office. Now working from home is great as it does allow flexibilty. So with regards to working from another country the things you would need to consider with any job is, firstly is it hybrid or fully working from home, hybrid means you would need to go in the office 1 or more days in the office now that can prove to be a challege if you are 100's of miles away. Also if they suddenly did require you to come in for an emergency work meeting etc, could you do make it in short notice, sometimes there might be a board meeting etc (this is just an example of the worst case scenario, employers do usually give a bit of notice) Secondly your location in the different country, do you have good internet and phone access (just incase they need to call you) in order to be able to complete your work, if not that could have an impact on you.

Hope this helps you.

Many thanks

Shamil

• leoF
    leoF Registered Posts: 21 New contributor 🐸
    Options
    Thank you!
  • shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 67 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi @leoF

No worries you are most welcome