AAT Levels

Options
Hi I finished my MBA finance in 2007 and I want to go for job in UK. First I dono where to start and which level to start if I start AAT level 2 in accounting can I get any exemption or do I need to write full subject. Full of confusion

Comments

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 70 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hi @vasan

Your best bet would be to speak to a training provider like Kaplan for example or a college who teaches AAT. As you did your MBA Finance in 2007 and unless you worked in Accounting or Finance you maybe be able to get some exemptions like starting on Level 3 or Level 4, or you could even do ACCA or CIMA as you are recognised as a mature student most likely and that you have an MBA Finance. It just depends what you wish to do, you could do chartered accountancy straight the way ACCA or CIMA but that is quite challenging if you havent studied or worked in accounting or finance since 2007. Just depends where you see yourself and what sector you want to work in

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Shamil

• RAKTHER
    RAKTHER Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Hi Vasan,
    According your qualification I think you can start AAT from level 2. If you need exemption then I would recommend you to see AAT website ( https://www.aat.org.uk/qualifications-and-courses/exemptions-recognition-prior-learning), there you can get exemption checker and you can find your next steps.

RAKTHER
    Training Coordinator, Osborne Training.
Privacy Policy