Should I study GCSEs or AAT Level 3 first

Options
Crystal_Krystal
Crystal_Krystal Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
I've just finished and passed AAT Level 2. Unfortunately I never took my GCSEs at school due to bullying (I regret letting them win). So obviously the next step would be AAT Level 3 but I can't get an apprenticeship due to not having GCSE Maths & English.

I have a few options so just trying to decide which is the best route to take

1) Study AAT Level 3 & 1 GCSE at my local college

OR

2) Study AAT Level 3 & both GCSEs at my local college

OR

3) Study only AAT Level 3 & then GCSEs the following year (which means another year until AAT Level 4)

OR

4) Study only 3 GCSEs this year (Math's, English & Biology) & then AAT Level 3 the following year

Either way if I choose options 3 or 4 I'll be a year behind in AAT either way and worry I'll lose what I learnt at Level 2. However, I think im very capable of studying AAT L3 & 2x GCSEs together but I wonder if it's too much to take on at one time. Would you guys recommend please?

Comments

• anony123
    anony123 Registered Posts: 430 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I would recommend doing ur GCSEs first and pass maths and English first
  • anony123
    Options
    1 otherwise.
  • Crystal_Krystal
    Options
    @anony I do feel it would be best to get my GCSEs out of the way and I can actually study for 5 this Sept if I don't study L3. Which I think it would be good to have more than just GCSE in English & Maths. I do worry about taking a year out from AAT with possibly forgetting stuff but I'll keep my L2 books so I can always read them to refresh my mind
  • anony123
    Options
    Yh tbh I forgot about l2 over last to last summer. L3 is harder but not much; a lot of more double entries to learn especially accruals and prepayments.
    You need your maths and English in anything that you do so getting your gcse out the way would be great.
    Make sure you refresh yourself quite often.
  • Crystal_Krystal
    Options
    Will do
Privacy Policy