Contemplating Level 4

anon1996
anon1996 Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Good morning all,

I finished my level 3 back in 2022 and have since got married and had a baby (which is why my level 4 was put on hold)!! I've not found the time to start my level 4 and have gone part time at work to manage childcare and the costs it comes with.

I've recently found out that my company are reducing everyone's hours and I am concerned for my job, for context, I work in manufacturing and I am the only employed Finance Officer. We have a management accountant who does one day a week and a bookkeeper who does one day a week, these both work for an external company.

I am about to update my CV and see if there are any part time bookkeeping jobs going, but I am just wondering if it is worth doing my level 4 and if anyone has managed studying, alongside working and looking after a very full on toddler.

I'd love to hear other people's thoughts on this or see if anyone has any advice for me?

thanks so much in advance
anon1996

Comments

• shamilkaria
    shamilkaria Registered Posts: 101 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi @anon1996

I hope you are well?

Congratulations on completing your Level 3, Marriage and baby :-).

It is tough times right now, I am sorry to hear your company is reducing the hours of staff.

Depends where you are based, part time book keeping jobs do come by but are quite rare. If they do come by they either offer a bit more than minimum wage or expect someone to be at least AAT Qualified as the minimum but from time to time there are roles which dont require AAT Qualified it will mainly just be at least AAT Level 3 which is what you have and the experience, but I will admit finding part time will be tough.

Again depends what your goal in life with work, there will be companies out there who will take you on with just work experience, but lets say if you wanted to become a management accountant for example they will ask for work experience and qualification such as AAT Qualified. This is where only you can answer this question because everyones situation is different.

I know it is difficult studying with a toddler but I would suggest ask yourself do you feel like studying and if you are motivated to do it, I am pretty sure you can, if you have come this far I am sure you can. You unfortunately will need to find time like late at night 9pm to 10pm for example etc or early morning 4am to 5pm it will be tough but if you are interested in going forward I am pretty sure you will nail it. This is why I said before only you can answer this as it just depends on how far you are interested in going.

Kind regards

Shamil
Privacy Policy