What Have I Done?!

Bluemunki
Bluemunki Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hi

I've signed up with FTC Kaplan for intermediate AAT, and I'm reading through the first couple of chapters of my workbook and wondering what I've done!!

It looks so complicated, and I'm finding it quite difficult to follow today. I'm hoping that I'm just having an off day and it will get easier, but at the moment I'm not too sure :001_unsure:

Did anybody else feel like this when they started out?

Comments

• wendy@jones681.freeserve.
    wendy@jones681.freeserve. Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi there,

I am also with the FTC studying for the Advanced Certificate by distance learning. When I got the materials I was overwhelmed to say the least. And yes there are days when I feel like I come from another planet and nothing makes sense.

But the team at FTC I've always found have been really helpfull, and of course the forum here is great for advice and tips.

If you need any help, pm me or leave a message here and I will do my best to help you.

HTH

Wendy:001_smile:
  • burg
    burg Registered, Moderator Posts: 1,441 mod
    I did find this as I went straight into intermediate level having just bookkeeping experience on sage.

Manaul acounts, t accouts etc I didn't really have a clue about.

I did eventually get my head round it and am sitting my technician exams on thurs / fri.

I have every confidence is my ability now and really don't think I can possibly fail.

You can do it yourself as the structure of the AAT is very well done and you will learn in a logical order that is specifically constructed to suit the exam content.

Best of luck
    Regards,

Burg
  • Bluemunki
    Thanks for your comments! I will almost certainly be in touch Wendy, thank you for the offer. Would you mind if I added your email to my address book?? :001_smile:
  • wendy@jones681.freeserve.
    wendy@jones681.freeserve. Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    No that's fine :001_smile:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I think its pretty normal to think OMG, I know I did when I opened my Foundation books:blushing: I would have never thought I could have posted things the right way or done a TB never mind made it balance, now I can do it without thinking.:thumbup1:
  • Bluemunki
    Hi Sarah

I am sure you are right. Looking back I was exactly the same with Foundation! Just seems such a daunting task but I think I will get there slowly but surely!
  • 118 11kate
    118 11kate Registered Posts: 115 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Definately! your not alone.

Its probably just an off day and just remember there are plenty of wonderful and helpful people on here who are always will ing to give you a hand (Robert, Steve, Helen, Chris, Dean just to name but afew).

Kate x
  • Bluemunki
    Yes you're right! The posts I have read through are very helpful. I am going to hopefully have a chance to knuckle down and get a lot done over the Christmas break! :thumbup:
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I found it helped to read a chapter, and approach it the first time pretty casually not as if I was studying, just at the kitchen table with a cup of tea, like a magazine. I'd invariably walk off utterly confused but as soon as I had finished the chapter I just went off and did something totally different and tried not to think about it. You'd be amazed how much goes in like that, because when I came back to it on the second studying lap, some of it had gone in.

Also if you have children they have an amazing knack of looking at it so simply its embarrassing!! I'll see how my ten year old gets on with FRA after Christmas, I think it will knock the smug look off his face but you never know. If I hear him preaching start with the bank once more I won't be responsible for my actions:lol: Seriously though my best bit of advice is don't get so bogged down you lose sight of what you are trying to acheive, if you lose sight of the aim of it you really will struggle.
Privacy Policy