can anyone suggest me....?

bAsHanTi
bAsHanTi Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
hi
i m doing acconting technician
i hope i finish my AAT in coming june 08
But
i m
i started my AAT from intermediate as i thought i have dont more than AAT foundation in my country.
it really makes me sad that why didnt i start from the foundation...will it make any change in my qualification....????
and also i havent done any GCSE and A levels but more than this in my country.Will you suggestme to do it in uk again????
i m so confused about my career....
so can u please help n suggest wat you think is right???

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    If you successfully pass Technician then it won't matter whether you did or didn't do Foundation since you won't be missing anything. Without wishing to undermine those currently doing it, Foundation is merely a forerunner to Intermediate which is itself a forerunner to the grand daddy Technician.

Put it another way - if someone had an A level in Maths, would it really matter if they didn't take the lower GCSE? Of course not...
  • bAsHanTi
    Thanx Robert....!!
    i was just worried that if not doing GCSE and A level matters in my further study or entry in university/ACCA....likewise my career
    so i was thinking to choose some certain subject like math,english and do GCSE n A level both in my college at a same time next year as i m not sure about wat m i gonna do after AAT technician....and it is no problem for me to pass it ...i guess,hehe.....!!!
    and i m really unhappy that wateve i studied in my country doesnt matter here....i tried so much to find out websites which will help me to equivalent my study with uk but i was unsuccessful
    anywazzz lets see
    once again many thanx for suggestion
    gudnite_____^-^
  • Dita
    Dita Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    I have the same problem.

Hi,
    Im also doing technician, I started with foundation, then intermediate.
    Im from Czech, so I dont have any GCSEs or A levels. In Czech I studied business in High school for 4 years and graduated successfully, but didnt go to University, cos I went to England. But here it is different. And I find it very hard to find the job in the accounting, specially when they want everywhere work experience. :confused1:
  • bAsHanTi
    Dita wrote: »
    Hi,
    Im also doing technician, I started with foundation, then intermediate.
    Im from Czech, so I dont have any GCSEs or A levels. In Czech I studied business in High school for 4 years and graduated successfully, but didnt go to University, cos I went to England. But here it is different. And I find it very hard to find the job in the accounting, specially when they want everywhere work experience. :confused1:

ohhh
    same here....
    i came england....but i did school and college for 2 years only
    i directly get admit in intermediate...now doing technician ...and trying to find some trainee job...doesnt matter if they pay me or not coz now i just need some experience...!!!
    but after doing technician i was thinking to go university or ACCa....then i look some websites of them....i realise asking A level blah blah blah....so i was worried...!!!
    i have heard that we can equivalent our education with england but have to pay some money....havnt found any website yet
    its really hard to get non pay trainee job as welll
    so bad........
  • Dita
    To bAsHanTi

I agree with you,
    and the worst are the agencies like Reeds or Hayes, who dont help you at all. Its hard to find any support. I feel like Im wasting my time with my studies. Will I ever get a job in Accountancy? Im not so optimistic.
    Soon I will be going home for Xmas, so when I came back, I will try find some job again.
  • purplegirl
    purplegirl Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    I'm English, born in England. I have GCSEs and A-Levels. I have completed AAT. I am losing my job at the end of the month and still can't find a job.
    It is experience that counts.
  • Dita
    Well at least you had a job. You can go to the agencies a show you have some experience. And they won't tell you, that it might be problem finding you a job, because you have an accent, like they told me.
    Anyway good luck with finding a new job.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Dita,

I am sure it is illegal for someone to say you can't have a job because of your accent.

I am not questionning your honesty, but did this really happen? If it did you might may a legal case here. However, you would need to check this. I definitely think this sounds like discrimination.

Speegs
  • Dita
    To speegs

She did not say I can't get a job because of my accent, she said: "it might be a problem finding me a job, because of my accent and people understanding me on the phone."
    I would not lie about something like that, but I did not record the conversation, so it would be my word against hers. I don't think she ment to be mean, she's been honest, because it's really hard find something.
Privacy Policy