May I sit Unit 5 exam with Diploma exam together?

sunny
sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi, I am not confident with my unit 5 exam of Advanced Certificate level. If I faili this time, may I continue to do Diploma Level and sit all the higher level exam with unit 5 exam together at June 2008?
Tks

Comments

• LondonMatt
    LondonMatt Registered Posts: 1,110 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Excellent question and I would also like to know if its okay to continue upwards if you fail at the previous level

*bump*
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    I'm sure you can do that if you wish, have you checked with your college or training provider?
  • NeilH
    NeilH Registered Posts: 553 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi

The AAT allow you to sit the exams in any order you wish, so in theory you could sit your Diploma/Techncian exams before any of your Certificate/Foundation. However, your college may only be willing to enter you for exams once you have completed the preceeding stage. If you are distance learning and take care of your own exams then its up to you!

Neil
  • sarahwilson
    Has anyone ever done that and did it work out, or is it a bit like trying to put the roof on the house before you have dug the foundations?
  • NeilH
    Hi

I'd only completed one intermediate exam (FRA) when I started Technician stage. I basically mixed and matched Intermediate and Techncian for two years, I even took the intermediate and techncian costing exams in the same exams period. It wasn't what any tuition provider would recommend, but it worked for me!

Neil
  • sarahwilson
    Did you do that distance learning or at college, I'd like to get my AAT done as soon as I can but I'm distance learning so I'm a bit apprehensive about biting off more than I can chew.
  • NeilH
    Hi

I did distance learning, which meant I could pace and organise my studies to my own requirements - sometimes i'd study Intermediate units, other times Technician. It wasn't necessarily quicker this way (though if I'd moved a bit faster it would have been) but it meant I could do things when I wanted.

Neil
  • sarahwilson
    Thanks Neil, thats really helpful.
  • sunny
    sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thanks guys! Merry Christmas, the best wihses for everybody.

I am studying via distancing learning, so that's meant I can do it ASAP, great!:001_smile:
Privacy Policy