Intermediate

Panda
Panda Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hello Everyone,

I am a new meneber & was wondering if anyone could help, basically i have joined at intermediate level without doing my Foundation as i work in accounts and was advised i could go ahead and join at this level the problem is when i opened the books i just looked and thought how am i going to be able to cope as i didn't know alot.:confused1:

Does anyone have any advice on how to manage???

Thanks in advance

Comments

• blobbyh
    blobbyh Registered Posts: 2,415 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    The crucial thing when joining straight at Intermediate is that you have a thorough understanding of T account theory and can do accounts up to and including the ITB - initial trial balance - since they're very prevalent in the FRA module. Unfortunately, if you lack the fundamental knowledge of these theories, you'll almost certainly struggle at this stage since it's expected you'll already have a thorough grounding in them before commencing Intermediate.

If you can do T accounts up to ITB, then you should be okay though be aware the pace does increase sharply once you're past foundation level.
  • aroona
    aroona Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Panda wrote: »
    Hello Everyone,

I am a new meneber & was wondering if anyone could help, basically i have joined at intermediate level without doing my Foundation as i work in accounts and was advised i could go ahead and join at this level the problem is when i opened the books i just looked and thought how am i going to be able to cope as i didn't know alot.:confused1:

Does anyone have any advice on how to manage???

Thanks in advance
    Hi
    My name is Aroona, I did foundation level and passed with good marks.has long has you get the double entrey upto trail balance you should pass Intermediate with no worrys. To Help you down load the pass exam papers along with the answer booklet have a bash and you'll be fine. A collegue of mine is in the same situation and this is the approach she is taking, hope this has helped you.
  • sunny
    sunny Registered Posts: 43 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi Aroona, could you please tell me where to get the marks?
    I would like to konw my marks of certificate level as well. I have only received a notice from AAT:Unit 30, Pass, no any marks detail.
    Thank you very much.:thumbup1:
  • Panda
    Hi Aroona,

Thank you for your advice, it was a shock to the system when i first opened the book think thats was the initial problem who knows you can only try your best.

Thanks once again :-)
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    sunny wrote: »
    Hi Aroona, could you please tell me where to get the marks?
    I would like to konw my marks of certificate level as well. I have only received a notice from AAT:Unit 30, Pass, no any marks detail.
    Thank you very much.:thumbup1:

You don't get a mark and they aren't available, I don't know how Aroona will have got marks because the AAT don't release them. I can only assume that Aroona will have got the marks of her skills test maybe????:001_unsure:
  • angela27
    angela27 Registered Posts: 40 Regular contributor ⭐
    Im In The Same Situation

Hi there i registered tonight after seeing your post as i am in the same situation. After 10 years of dead end jobs i finally got in accounts and am really enjoying it. The majority of people i spoke to said the foundation was easy and some even a waste of time! I wanted to complete the course as fast as possible and to bypass the foundation i bought the AAT Bookeeping Course to do via distance learning. I havent barely looked at that course though! Felt completley out of my depth at first but so did everyone else even those who had completed the foundation. How did you find the recent exam? Im quite confident about the majority of the paper except for three or so questions but i just think to try my best i cant do anymore! I really hope ive passed. Are you working in accounts? Im an accounts assistant but dont cover any of what we ve done so far at college in my job.
  • Panda
    Hello

Hi Angela27,

I also work in accounts im an assistant accountant working for a car dealership and have done this or a couple of years so got the chance to get this job.

I also done the bookeeping course which was ok but the other stuff in the books i haven't touched on anything, my training has just started at work so haven't been looking at a lot of the stuff:ohmy:

I opened my books realized that it needed 150% concentration so thought i would try after xmas, just i have so much going on find it hard to concentrate.

Panda
  • blades
    blades Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    I did the same last year and was in panic mode to begin but do not worry as long as you put the time in at home as well as college you will be fine.
Privacy Policy