I am so bored............

JayneHogan
JayneHogan Registered Posts: 697 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
......................because no one is giving me any work to do!!! :crying:

Comments

• aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ
    Snap. Make sure you ask them for work (it is really difficult I know) but at least you are seen to be asking for work and being proactive. Ask even when you feel like you are harrassing them. Otherwise they'll say you haven't been working nor asking them for work. There was someone that lost a tribunal because of this. Is there anything you can do like practicing on the finance system? Any tidying up to be done? I have asked and still have nothing to do, so I've done all I can.
  • JayneHogan
    Asked and was given archiving to do. Logging invoices has become available but I am going home now. Archiving is an ongoing current project so at least I am involved now and can be proactive with doing this when I have finished all of my accounts work on Monday. Thanks for the advice aatfree and have a great weekend. Maybe re-organizing the filing system to save space in our tiny office might be next on the cards???
  • EvaG
    EvaG Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    You could have come to work with me today, my desk was overflowing. Hope it improves for you next week.
    Eva
  • JayneHogan
    Am Knackered..................

Am now knackered and rushed off my feet logging invoices. Yawn.
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor โญ

try having the excitement of proper work, then realising you cant do it as the client hasn't given you the correct info, leaving me to thin files and archive all afternoon. god i was bored yesterday. today could be the same by the looks of things
  • aatfree
    aatfree Registered Posts: 86 Regular contributor โญ

Feeling green with envy here. I still have nothing to do. I've now resorted to keeping track of how much work I have done which I'm going to email to my line manager with a request for work and new job description (I don't do the majority of the work on the current work - it has either finished or been given to someone else).

Considering I work a 36 hour week how much work do you think I've done so far this week?
  • JayneHogan
    Have lots of work to do but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. My alarm did not go off this morning making me half an hour late for work. I am now starving and by the way mines a curry!!!:lol:
Privacy Policy