ACCA vs CIMA

Sera
Sera Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
Can anyone give me advice on which is better?

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Neither is better than the other, it depends on what you are interested in and what you want to do
  • SandyHood
    SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
    I've heard that two or three years after a CIMA student grauates a letter appears on the doormat from ACCA offering membership with no more exams

I think CIMA are the same with ACCA graduates

So ultimately, (for the subscriptioon fees) you are likely to be a member of both.

Just look at the syllabus that has the subjects you like and go for that one.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • bevkes
    bevkes Registered Posts: 25 Regular contributor ⭐
    Acca Vs Cima

Hi Sera

CIMA is all about Management accounting while ACCA is about Financial accounting, so it all depends on what you like as Blue has already pointed out.
    Both courses are in the same salary scale and have the same recognition.:001_tt2:
  • MartinAlex
    MartinAlex Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
    Hello,

I had a similar dilemma last year when finishing AAT!

Both are similar and as good as one another. There are obvously differences. CIMA does tend to have more topics on Management Accounting and ACCA more on financial Accounting, however, they both contain enough content on each other to give the relevant understanding for becoming a qualified accountant!

It would obvously depend on what you can see your self doing in the future! eg Practice/Industry etc... As stated above, just have a look at the sylabus and try to speak to as many people as you can to get their opinions!

Also you can expect to earn £30k+ with either qualifications (with relevant experience)

M
Privacy Policy