Salary Advice

bigmuggsy
bigmuggsy Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi

I'm expecting a pay rise in February and am due, if i pass, to be AAT qualified and a full member by August (being when the results are announced).

By question is what should i expect to receive as a salary being a full AAT member? I work in practise in a small firm of which the proprietor has funded my study.

Thanks for your help

Mike

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    I work in Watford and hope to be qualified by August 08. I already earn £22,500. I do not know if this is a standard sort of salary or not.

Speegs
  • *Sarah*
    *Sarah* Registered Posts: 172 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Hi Mike

I work in St Albans (Hertfordshire) and I am currently looking to finish my AAT at the same time as you. My employer does not have any involvement in and does not fund my study and I earn £23k.

I hope this helps

Sarah
  • bigmuggsy
    Thanks for your help, i work in Liverpool so dont know if wages tend to be lower up north as my salary is less than yours.

I'll look into it and speak to my boss.

Thanks again.

Mike
  • Elle1967
    Elle1967 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    Salary Advice

Hi Mike
    I have just re-negotiated my salary and went on to the Hays website to do some research into salaries for different job roles.

Go to www.hays.com and once on the site click on LOOKING FOR STAFF? and then under 'Find Out More' you will see Salary Guides. Click on this to get to a list of different business sectors, click on the one you want and go from there.

Hope you find this as useful as I did
  • Frank Wood
    Frank Wood Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Mike

I work in Liverpool too and earn £26k. I am wawiting my last exam result in Feb 2008.
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Wow. You're Frank Wood.

Are you the "Frank Wood"?

If you are, I thought you have qualified years ago.

If you are not, then did you know that there was a whole range of accounting books written by someone called "Frank Wood".

Well there you go. That is my useless piece of information for today.
  • bigmuggsy
    Thanks again everyone for the feedback. So according to Hays being a qualified accounting technician in public practise, working in Merseyside the typical salary is £15500 - you must have a good boss Frank Wood!!
  • moosh
    moosh Registered Posts: 28 Regular contributor ⭐
    I work in Blackburn and earn £25 p/a, but not in Practice. Will get results for MAC in Feb and still yet to sit 2 taxation exams (hopefully in June)
  • Frank Wood
    Frank Wood Registered Posts: 11 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Speegs

No I'm not the Frank Wood, it's just tongue in cheek - that's not even my name. I think he died years ago.
Privacy Policy