ACCA exemptions

Gianni
Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
Hi all

I've searched the forum to no avail. I'm trying to find out the exemptions I'd receive if I chose ACCA being AAT qualified. Since the new syllabus has been implemented it's hard to work it out. I guess it may depend on what optional papers I chose, I did the tax papers.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Optional papers make no difference.

You are exempted from F1, F2 and F3 by having technician regardless of which options you chose.

However having said that you will be glad of doing the tax papers when you get to the business tax paper!
  • Gianni
    Thanks, I also confirmed via ACCA.

I was a little disappointed to find only 3 papers are exempt, as much as the AAT is a good course before going onto chartered I'd have rather done ACCA straight after A Levels than AAT. I'd have certainly been at least half way through by now!
  • lauradwkns
    lauradwkns Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    Just out of curiosity how many papers are there in total for acca?
  • peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    14 papers in total - with AAT exemptions you sit 11.
  • lauradwkns
    lauradwkns Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
    is that over 2 years? i take it you cannot choose the ones your exempt from?
  • Gianni
    It can be longer than 2 years. In fact it'd be some going to do 3 every 6 months. I plan on doing around 2 every 6 months so I'm looking realistically at 3 years to have them 11 papers complete.

You cannot choose your exemptions.
Privacy Policy