How long does Tech take?

Options
Charlieclarke
Charlieclarke Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
Just wondering if someone could tell me how long it takes to complete AAT TECH, as i have heard 12 months and 18 months, just wondered what was correct (assuming that i dont fail any exam!):001_smile:

Comments

• Nich
    Nich Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    At my college we took 2 exams in June and 2 in December so it would take 12 months to complete it if you pass all 4 1st time. It really depends on how many exams you sit in 1 go.
  • Charlieclarke
    Options
    So can you pick how many you sit at once then?
  • Nich
    Nich Registered Posts: 49 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    It depends on your college. If you are a home studier im sure you can chose how many you sit, colleges usually have a structure of how many they do wat each sitting
  • Charlieclarke
    Options
    at what point do you have to choose what exams you want to take, as you get a choice dont you?
  • CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    I suspect that few but the largest (non-private) colleges are in much of a position to offer a real choice here, not enough tutors and/or students to make running classes for each option possible. . If your going with distance learning or are with a private learning provder you'll have more flexibility.

From the AAT perspective you just enter which exams you want to take before the deadline for any given sitting. Not all of the optional units are assessed by exams though - the two tax units are exam based, the cash management and audit units are assessed by skills test, which can be taken pretty much when you like. So, you could do as few as three exams or as many as five. I wouldn't recommend sitting five at once though I'm sure it has been done.

I think that 12 months is really quite comfortable for Technician as long as you put the time in. My class was three hours once a week and everyone passed in the year, though it should be said we had an excellent tutor.
  • Gianni
    Gianni Registered Posts: 99 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    I would definately say 12 months is achieveable. It depends on how much you want it, like anything you must put the effort in. You can make life easier (in my opinion) by doing the devolved assessments as oppose the tax papers, although personally I did the tax papers as I thought they'd be more useful to me.

The big barrier to 12 months for most people will be the project, it certainly stopped me achieving it in 12 months and yet once I got down to completing the project it took all of, at most, 12 days!
  • Charlieclarke
    Options
    Thanks really helpful!
Privacy Policy