Unit 10 help!!

laurenw
laurenw Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
Im doing my unit 10 project based on POS (Premier Office Solution's)

I have decided to write about the payroll, and i have managed to figure out possibe cover/training needs for other members of staff from my SWOT analysis.

However, our tutor has mentioned we need to spend 30% of our time on the accouning system?? I have no idea what to write.

Do we need to find other possible systems avaliable? Or just coment on the implemations to change?:confused1:

Help please!!

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi Laurenw

Please forgive me if you already know this, but I think the accounting system does not mean just the debits and the credits etc, it incorporates the people within in, the computers, and the actual numbers. Therefore I would think you are going along the right lines with your project as you are already thinking about the needs of your staff. Now have a think about the actual roles they do, maybe add in some flow charts (assessors really love those).

Then think about your IT systems and contingency plans, i.e. what would happen if your IT systems got buggered up.

Then have a think about how all of the things above could be improved, get some costs and offset those costs against the benefits that the improvements could bring (cost benefit analysis).

Also, when you think about your staff, don't just think about contingencies and training, have a few thoughts on team building (I personally recommend paintballing days if you don;t mind being covered in bruises for months afterwards:lol:).

Most of all, try to enjoy your project. It is not a difficult module and I find a lot of people feel extremely daunted by it. Don't be! :thumbup:

If you need any advice please feel free to give me a shout and I will be happy to help if I can.

I would add that I am not a tutor, but I did my project recently and passed it first time, so while it is still fresh in my head I am happy to help.
  • AatAbi
    AatAbi Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    I did read through POS, it has lots of fraud risk in Purchases department. Sales system is perfect. there is also some fraud risk in payroll hope you mentioned that in your report.
  • AatAbi
    AatAbi Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    Also, never heard of 30% persantage based on credit and debit. looks like a project inside project.
  • Denrs
    Denrs Registered Posts: 10 New contributor 🐸
    Unit 10 help

Hi Speegs

I'm in the same boat and would appreciate any help in getting through this. This is my last task, i've passed all the exams...so last hurdle.:001_unsure:
  • speegs
    Hi denrs

Please update me with how far your have got with your project so far.

Are you using the case study and if so which one.

Ta

Speegs
  • wow
    wow Registered Posts: 17 New contributor 🐸
    mas

hi speegs i think u can help me. currently i am writting my project based on POS simulation. and i dont understand
    1) how i encourage employees to report problems to me.how can include therse in my report
    2)other method of rescheduling staff for on time completion of final report.

i hope i will here from you or from someone else soon
  • Denrs
    Unit 10 help

Hi Speegs

At present I'm reading through the simulation: Premier Print Ltd, and it all seems information is coming at you in all directions.

Denrs
  • speegs
    Hi Wow

1) You can encourage employees to come to you and report problems by promoting a company wide policy that encourages employees to report problems, or voice ideas they may have. These can viewed in group/company meeting, on a one to one basis or during appraisals. Also, when a new employee joins the company they should have an induction during which you could begin to promote the views in point (1).

2) The problems of excessive workloads could be minimised by having multi-skilled staff. You should consider cross training staff. When scheduling work staff should be encourage to work on and Urgent and Important Matrix system when prioritising there own work, whilst working toward an overall department schedule, rather than an individual schedule. Staff schedules can be discussed in group meetings before being finalised so that each persons own work is considered in conjunction with the rest fo the teams.

I hope this helps.
  • speegs
    Hi Wow

1) You can encourage employees to come to you and report problems by promoting a company wide policy that encourages employees to report problems, or voice ideas they may have. These can viewed in group/company meeting, on a one to one basis or during appraisals. Also, when a new employee joins the company they should have an induction during which you could begin to promote the views in point (1).

2) The problems of excessive workloads could be minimised by having multi-skilled staff. You should consider cross training staff. When scheduling work staff should be encourage to work on and Urgent and Important Matrix system when prioritising there own work, whilst working toward an overall department schedule, rather than an individual schedule. Staff schedules can be discussed in group meetings before being finalised so that each persons own work is considered in conjunction with the rest fo the teams.

I hope this helps.

Speegs
  • wow
    Wow Speegs

THX SPEEGS! you are full of ideas. be proud of youeself.
    thx
  • wow
    speegs ur help again

thx again for ur swift reply.i need ur help again on the following points.
    1)points to include on my methdology
    2)where can i get more information about urgent and importan matrix tell me book title or web
    3)as i told you i am eriting my project on simulation and i found problem on all the accounting system and i prepared risk analysisi for all system(paroll,purchasing,sales and cost) and recomindation for all system.also SWOT for all.do u think it is ok.or shold i chosse one area.i dont think it is fair to choose one and to ignore the other.i belive i have to include all z problem to z benifit of z co.

yrs
  • speegs
    Hi Denrs

Once you have read through the whole project (and yes I agree it is overwhelming). Do a swot analysis for the whole company. Once you have done this choose the area you want to work on and do a swot analysis just on that. And voila that's the hardest part done. Easy wasn't it.

Now all you have to do is look at the areas in your swot analisys and address them in terms of the accounting system (ie. accounting processess, IT, staff, or anything else that makes the accounting process work).

Let me know if that helps.

Speegs
  • Denrs
    Speegs, thanks for the pointers you're a star, they make sense to me. I was trying to cure all PPL's problems - it seems we only need to pick a couple of areas.

Denrs
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I have found this useful too. I started the project last year but other commitments meant I could not really get anywhere with it.

Only query I have is that my Tutor (who wasn't the most helpful anyway) said that the WHOLE system and company has to be analysed and every area has something that needs changing.

Now I know that I can do an overview and focus on one area of concern. (I hope I read that correctly).
  • speegs
    Hi Jorja1986.

My understanding is that you should focus on one particular area rather than the whole company.

Who are you studying with?

Speegs
  • speegs
    Denrs

You've got it now. It you need anymore help please feel free to shout.

Speegs
  • speegs
    Hi Wow

1) In the methodolody you should simply list how and where you sourced your information from. This could include the case study, the web, books, journals, help from a specific person. It is just a like.

2) The urgent important matrix can be see at http://www.improvementnetwork.gov.uk/imp/aio/11282

3) You are correct in that every area has a problem, however I think the AAT wrote the simulation like that so that students can concentrate on any area in which they feel comfortable. Therefore, you should choose just one area to concentrate on. I would however, keep the full SWOT as this could be put in your appendices. If you were to try and report on every area you would not have room in your report. Believe when that one areas is enough to write about. :)

Hope that helps. Shout if you need anything else.

Speegs
  • wow
    hi speedgs!!

could you please advise me what points to include on the working enviroment of THE COMPANY.

I NEED YOUR REPLY SOON PLS.

THX
  • wow
    Working Enviroment

speegs i need ur help
    what points to be included in working enviroment of the company
  • wow
    thx thx thx speegs with out you this project will be hard not only to me but also to --

thx a lot
  • speegs
    The working environment is not something I remember talking about, but I think it means how each of the department interact with each other. Therefore I would recommend an organisation chart.

You might also want to include here attitudes within the company. So this would include company policies regarding fraud, equal opportunities, absenteeism/disciplinary procedures.

I think that is what it is asking.

Hope that's useful.

Speegs
Privacy Policy