How's everyone getting on?

deanshepherd
deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
16 tax returns to come back with signatures..
4 still to get me their records..
2 company accounts to finish..

Not too bad really!

Oh, and mine and my wife's tax returns..

Oh, and my company accounts..

:thumbup1:

Comments

• peugeot
    peugeot Registered Posts: 624 Epic contributor 🐘
    Our firm has about 40 left as open on the list but they are those that have not a hope in hell of being done in time - we start to write to them in June and they still haven't got the stuff to us. All those that were assigned to me have been done and sent out but the vast majority have not yet come back signed (no surprises there). As I'm out at clients next week I have been given a weeks reprieve from the annual madness.:thumbup:
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Thought I had nearly finished Tax Returns, but a couple came out of the woodwork and took on one late one so:
    1 filed today
    1 waiting for signature
    2 waiting for final information
    1 waiting for all paperwork
    Out of my total client list (I only work part-time on this job), that means I have around 8% left - that doesn't sound quite so good!

Oh, and just for the records, I completed my partner's and my tax return back in April last year! Always get mine done first!
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Well I got mine done yesterday, so all that's left now is:-
    1 waiting for signature
    1 Accounts & T Return (and VAT return) to finish - nearly done though
    1 client dropped off some scraps yesterday, probably going to have to file estimated figures as I don't think it's all there
    2 haven't received anything from clients yet
    1 amendment to 2005/06 return to do

So much better than last year!

we're on the homeward stretch now - can we start chilling the champagne!?
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Hi all

I am really please with how this year has gone.

8 out waiting to come back signed.

2005/06 and 2006/07 sole trader accounts and TR to do, having problems getting details on captures CIS vouchers on this one, came in late, 64-8 not registered and unable to authorise online.

1 set of company accounts - came in Friday, filing on 31st:laugh:

1 VAT return - tricky partial exempt one.

1 set of company accounts with 2 TR waiting information. Filing 31st

1 set of sole trader accounts and TR waiting data base.

Did my company, hubby's, mums, brothers and sisters plus some uncles and my own last May.

Poodle
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I actually think that I am getting there now:

3 waiting for signing
    1 waiting for info but accounts nearly complete
    3 waiting for info from HMRC :thumbdown:
    2 waiting for last bits and pieces
    1 waiting for UTR.....

But - spoke to my neighbour yesterday and he has a "mate" who hasn't done his yet - so maybe all ideas of sleep this week are about to go out of the window - though from his point of view he can choose between his money and my sleep:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Claudia
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Claudia,
    You are up far too early to be posting a reply on here, says me at 6.21am :001_smile:
    One return due to be signed tonight and one new client to see today :crying:
    Other than that I'm done!

Sharon
  • claudialowe
    Hubby up at half four as off to sunny Spain for three days - so I have made a list of all the things that have got to be done this week :crying: but also tidied my desk, and boxed up everything for our friendly sparkies to take away this evening :thumbup:

Claudia
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Result!:thumbup:
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    Finished yesterday. Waiting on a few replies, but with the power of online filing it's only a couple of clicks away. :001_smile:

Cracked a bottle last night and suffering with a headache this morning! Roll-on next year....

Regards

Dean
  • claudialowe
    Smug git :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Claudia
  • Dean
    Dean Registered Posts: 646 Epic contributor 🐘
    :laugh:
  • JodieR
    JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    claudia, i think my hubby had the same idea as yours and has also deserted me in the last week of Jan! can't say i blame him, mind!
    and i second your comment about dean :tongue_smilie: (or maybe i'm just very jelous)
  • claudialowe
    Only one to go now - but quite a tricky one. Only just finished writing up the books, so now got all the accounts and tax side to go - ummmmm.

For future reference, FBI will not accept dummy UTRs. I tried to do one today for a partnership and it got rejected - so client going to print it out at home, sign and send off guaranteed next day delivery.

I have never, ever been this close to the wire before - and this tired - and then once it's all over, I have got to do all things that I haven't had time to do in January :crying::crying:

Claudia
Privacy Policy