IT Help - CJC or Robert?

Jan
Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
This is probably one for CJC, but I need help before my son throws his pc out the window or strangles his sister (or both)

His sister has pressed Ctrl and ? which has made all the hyperlinks font appear in bold or larger than the rest to the screen It's driving him mad (& me) 'cos we can't figure out what she did or how to reverse it :mad2:. Any ideas?????

A stressed Mum :lol:

Comments

• CJC
    CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    Hmmm...I'm scratching my head over this one. Can't say it's something I've come across before. What browser are you using?
  • Jan
    Internet Explorer V6?
  • CJC
    Ummm.... my advice, get Firefox :)

I'd better leave this to Robert. IE6 isn't a browser I know too well, expect that it's a real pain to write websites for. I assume you've tried clearing out the cache and reloading the browser? I can't even find anything on Google which is my normal port of call when I want to appear omniscient :huh:
  • Jan
    :lol:
    Ummm.... my advice, get Firefox
    Now why did I know you'd say that!

Problem solved, sister came back from Uni, pressed Ctrl and arrow key (we think) and everything back to normal. Don't know what we would have done if she's made the problem worse!!!!

Thanks for the help, peace now restored to the household - his iPod has even managed to turn up after it went AWOL last night.
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    CTRL and Wheelie button on mouse makes my hyperlinks bigger or smaller!

(In case this happens to anyone else)

Yas
  • CJC
    Well that solves that mystery... but not the one of why anyone would think the ability to make just the hyperlinks bigger is a useful feature. :huh:
  • Jan
    Boy, Yazi could I have done with you on Sunday night!
    why anyone would think the ability to make just the hyperlinks bigger is a useful feature.
    I think she intended to enlarge what she was reading online - but we were left with just the hyperlinks enlarged :mad2:

I think she may now be banned from his pc - will have to use her own laptop or my slow machine (poor girl) :laugh:
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Glad to help....

But to be really honest....

It was not me.....

I showed the question to my 17 year old boy and he took the mouse over (as they do...) and said "Well thats easy!!" - and showed me!

Yas
    :001_rolleyes:
  • richardw
    richardw Registered Posts: 108 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    It would be unusual if it only made links larger. It sounds like its an accessability feature, if a site has been built properly, it wont use fixed font sizes, but will allow the user to make text larger or smaller.
  • Jan
    It's Ok Richard,

It was only the links in the google home page for some reason. When he checked his email that was all enlarged too.
    Problem solved - and not all 17 year olds thought it was easy Yazi !
Privacy Policy