finding a job

jells33
jells33 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
i have completed my nvq level 2 and half way thru my level 3 but im finding it hard to get a job as they all seem to look for experience im living in wirral near liverpool and was just wondering how do i go about finding a job that suits my qualifications
i am registered with the local agencies but never seem to hear back from them

Comments

• Gem7321
    Gem7321 Registered Posts: 1,438 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Hi Jells

Have you thought about doing some volunteer work to gain some experience?

Try this website: http://www.thisiswirral.co.uk/jobs

Also try registering with Hays, they seem to have a good reputation as far as agencies go!

Best of luck

Gem
  • loubylou
    loubylou Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    dont give up

Hey, I was in the same situation as you for a few months, kept applying for jobs and was gettin no where. But luckily i've just started a job as a finance assistant for a great company. So keep trying. :thumbup:
  • jells33
    jells33 Registered Posts: 4 New contributor 🐸
    thanks for the advice i will keep trying as i know persistence does help in the long run i try registering with hays see how it goes
  • Ash
    Ash Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Finding Job

I have 2 years of accounting experience in my home country in India. and currently waiting for my Diploma Pathway Intermediate level exams

I am in same situation as not been able to find a job from last 3 months in london. I have tried n number of sites, Reed, Job Centre Plus, Hays, Walker Hamill, gumtree. It is still not working well for me. I am feeling so humliated :crying:

Can anyone suggest a way forward?
  • shbh80
    shbh80 Registered Posts: 15 New contributor 🐸
    Ash wrote: »
    I have 2 years of accounting experience in my home country in India. and currently waiting for my Diploma Pathway Intermediate level exams

I am in same situation as not been able to find a job from last 3 months in london. I have tried n number of sites, Reed, Job Centre Plus, Hays, Walker Hamill, gumtree. It is still not working well for me. I am feeling so humliated :crying:

Can anyone suggest a way forward?

Hi Ash,

I am also from India and had the same 2 years of experinece.....but fortunately i am working as Finance Assistant in a designing company.
    At the moment, I am waiting for my diploma level exam results.

My advise for you is first of all don't be depressed at all.
    Secondly start with temp jobs (as you are already registered with agencies).

I came to UK in Nov'2006 and from Feb'07....i did temp jobs for couple of months and then the company where i temped earlier called me again
    and afer a month offered me a permanent role alongwith study support.

Try temping for a while and once you have local(UK) experience on your CV, getting a permanent job should not be a problem.

Good luck.

shbh
  • Ash
    Ash Registered Posts: 7 New contributor 🐸
    Finding Job

Hi Shbh

Thanks for your help

Can you refer to me details of agencies/places you initially worked with as Temp?

May be they can help me too this time

Regards
  • Eva82
    Eva82 Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Ash,

I have had the same problem. The only advise I can give is to keep trying and don't give up. Those thinks take time. I am sure you will find a job, just stay positive.

Good luck

Eva
  • lessci
    lessci Registered Posts: 180 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    I'm working in a clarge company accounts office doing my level two, but I would like to work in a pratice, so technically I'm in the same situation, and its a case of when do I make the jump (and the pay cut)?
  • pernickety
    pernickety Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    Once you have completed level 2, you really should be more than capable of considering becoming a self-employed book-keeper. I have never looked back. I worked for many years as an underated accounts clerks, book-keeper etc, but was thorough and conscientious in my work and knew I was capable of better. I trained others on Sage, but had never completed manual accounts, so decided to study from Level 2 AAT. Studying at this level reinforced my experience and confidence, and before long I was picking up work from local market traders, taxi drivers, small businesses, as I distributed flyers about all of them with business cards and a small ad in the local free paper. Now I have more offers of work than I can cope with, and in the next couple of years am hoping to open a small unit where I employ book-keepers, then can concentrate on marketing etc. Seriously, not such a daunting prospect, as you can work on-site (so as to avoid home usage of utilities and business taxes etc.
Privacy Policy