modules for intermediate

Options
lauradwkns
lauradwkns Registered Posts: 23 New contributor 🐸
Is it right that there are different modules for intermediate dependant on whether you work in practise or industry, if so does any1 know what they are.

Thanks

Comments

• sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    I don't think so, the optional papers come in at Technician level. Are you doing NVQ or Diploma?
  • lauradwkns
    Options
    im doing the nvq. What are the options for technician?
  • jorja1986
    jorja1986 Registered Posts: 210 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    I was not aware that there were different modules depending on wether you are practice or industry.

From what I remember when I done it it there was only the set cirriculum, if you weren't in industry you could do the diploma INSTEAD of the NVQ.

Where have you heard that you can do different modules? I am sure if you look on the AAT list there are only mandatory units in intermediate.

Technician has a few mandatory units, and then you can choose business or personal taxation, and the type of accounts for financial statements eg NHS or local government and then practice.

Other than those there aren't many options.
  • lauradwkns
    Options
    A friend in my class works in industry and i work in practice, but she said the other day that her boss had the sylabus for intermediate and that it was different for the two.
    what option did you choose for technician? and why...
  • phunkyphantom22
    phunkyphantom22 Registered Posts: 166 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    The only unit that has different options depending on where you work is the drafting financial statements unit on NVQ Technician level.

Have a look at page 23 of the student guide pdf file for clarification:

http://www.aat.org.uk/students/display/store4/item42247/
Privacy Policy