TAx Return Preparation Software - Whats best?

jryorkshire
jryorkshire Registered Posts: 5 New contributor 🐸
Hello All

I have my own accounting and taxation business in New Zealand. We currently prepare UK tax returns (manually) for a few of our clients, but this year we are going to actively promote the service so should pick up a few more. I am therefore looking at UK tax return preparation software just for individuals (no partnerships, companies, trusts), but which to choose? :confused1:

It's unlikely we will prepare more than say 50 in total and the majority will need to included non-residents pages. Any suggestions as to which software to review would be welcome.

Thanks John

Comments

• shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    Hi John
    I use Tax Calc which I have never had any problems with. Simple to use and one of the less expensive options.
    There are others like PTP and Drummhor which other MIP's would recommend as well.

Regards
    Sharon
  • jryorkshire
    Thanks Sharon :thumbup:

I will take a look at Tax Calc and the others you mention. It's always good to get the opinion of the users rather than the providers !

John
  • edkav
    edkav Registered Posts: 37 Regular contributor ⭐
    I use tax calc too - I have never had any problems and it is so easy to use. Would definetely recommend it!
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    My vote goes to PTP......

Claudia
  • jryorkshire
    Firstly thanks to those who have given suggestions it is much appreciated.

I wonder... has anyone used both Tax Calc and PTP and if so which do they consider best and why?
  • shaxxa
    shaxxa Registered Posts: 82 Regular contributor ⭐
    John
    Have a look on http://www.accountingweb.co.uk
    There are several threads on this very subject which may help you further.
    Kind regards

Sharon
Privacy Policy