June 2008 exams

SandyHood
SandyHood Registered, Moderator Posts: 2,034 mod
I have received a number of requests to run revision classes for MAC, PEV and PCR in preparation for the June 2008 exams.

At this stage I have already booked certain dates, but am posting this thread here to get an indication of where in the country students are looking for revision. I can then put together a provisional schedule of dates.

As an indication, for anyone seeing this for the first time
I put a limit of 12 on each day, so classes are small. (In exceptional circumstances this might be allowed to increase to 14)

The format of each day is 4 sessions of approx 1¼ hrs. These run from 9.30 to 4.00 (possibly 4.30)
We look at all aspects of the syllabus focusing on the needs of the exam.

We use a lot of practice questions, not necessarily past exam questions. This can help us to try to master the subject matter and ultimately pass the exam. We also address a key point of how to present the answers. Over the years examiners have criticised candidates for not showing their workings clearly. Using certain formats the workings can be more obvious and it can be easier for the marker to give you credit. This can make a significant difference in your overall results as wrong answers that do not have obvious workings would tend to earn few, if any, marks.

Cost is £100 per day (although fees for very small groups may have to be raised to make the day viable)
I will always keep you up to date as far as developments with any courses.

If you are interested, please email me
sandy.hood@chichester.ac.uk

Put in your email
  1. Where you are in the UK (if you cou could attend in more than one place please say so)
  2. Which exam revision you would like to attend (FRA, ECR, MAC, PEV, PCR, DFS, BTC, and/or PTC
Sandy
sandy@sandyhood.com
www.sandyhood.com

Comments

• Tez
    Tez Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Sandy Hood is the best teacher on AAT I have ever been taught by. I have been to BPP to FTC and one of Sandy's revision courses and he was the best.

He knows what the exams are about, he doesn't just know the subject matter. I passed PEV and PCR because his class was so focussed on the things I needed to know.

Anyone who takes passing seriously, should get on to a course.

Sandy, a big thank you I have now passed the whole of AAT.
  • SandyHood
    Thank you Tez

I have heard from quite a few students this week and it has been good news. I was particularly pleased with the PEV paper as we looked at quite a few topics that were tested in December's paper for the first time, and it justified my use of non-past paper questions.

Well done Tez (and all of you)
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • ally29
    ally29 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Wales, south west pref. Doing PEV and DFS in June so either or both!
  • tracey leeming
    tracey leeming Registered Posts: 1 New contributor 🐸
    Revision

Hi i just failed PEV again, I need to pass in June. I also will be sitting DFS though up to now I have not done any revision and very little class work in the latter. I live in Bradford West Yorkshire
  • joyride
    joyride Registered Posts: 62 Regular contributor ⭐
    how much is the course?
  • sarahwilson
    sarahwilson Registered Posts: 567 Epic contributor 🐘
    FRA & ECR I am in Leeds but would go Manchester/rest of Yorkshire if necessary. Thanks Sandy for the thought:thumbup:
  • SandyHood
    Leeds (or possibly Bradford) is looking a probable location for a PEV Saturday and a PCR Sunday. I may add an extra day for ECR, so the Bank Holiday weekend at the beginning of May looks a possible.
    Cost is £100 per day.

Those of you who have contributed to this thread, please email me if you are interested in any dates/location as I start my class lists from the emails I receive.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • teresab
    teresab Registered Posts: 9 New contributor 🐸
    Sandy,

Will you be holding a revision course for PEV in Newcastle or Durham..?
    I live in Tyne and Wear, however, able to travel to either.

I have emailed my interest.

Thanks

Teresa
  • te170381
    te170381 Registered Posts: 26 Regular contributor ⭐
    Will there be any held in the midlands? I am based in wolverhampton? I would travel to birmingham?
  • SandyHood
    I am looking at a possible Birmingham weekend, but you really need to email me to be on my circulation list.
    Tina and Natasha, expect an email later today.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • JuJu Kachu
    JuJu Kachu Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Hi Sandy

I am interested in BTC PEV & PCR for June 2008 exams, and am in Manchester area.

Thanks
    Julia Jones
  • SandyHood
    I have sent out invitations for bookings for Leeds/Bradford and Birmingham and have an A4 attachment available if anyone is willing to put an advert in their local college.

At the moment Manchester is possible, but there has only been one email enquiry so far.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • SandyHood
    Summary of proposed dates
    • Saturday PEV ........Sunday PCR ..........Monday ECR...........Location
    • 03 May 2008 ......... 04 May 2008.......... BH Mon 05 May........ West Yorkshire
    • 17 May 2008.......... 18 May 2008........................................ Birmingham
    • 24 May 2008.......... 25 May 2008........................................ Newcastle
    • 07 June 2008......... 08 June 2008........................................ Manchester

These are very much proposed dates and venues and there is a strong likelihood that there will be changes.
    Each will depend upon those students who have enquired subsequently confirming their interest.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Please can you help

On June 2007 PEV

can you tell me how they got 17,750 for opening stock in the budgeted operating statement and 757040 as the cost of production figure on another task as I get 767040

Hope you can help,
    Many Thanks
    Helena
  • SandyHood
    Helena
    Are you refering to PCR June 2007?
    Task 1.1(g) Budgeted operating statement

I can see that the closing stock of luxury covers is valued at £17,750.
    I don't know what you are refering to so far as the £757,040 cost of production.

Total cost of production is:- £222,842 for 33295 units.
    This gives an average cost per unit of £6.69
    The closing stock is 2652 units
    If you value them at the unit cost of production that gives £17,750

Sure you might have rounding differences, but hopefully you are within a couple of pounds.
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • James
    James Registered Posts: 24 New contributor 🐸
    Dfs

Also,

would you be able to explain where dividends go when drafting fianical statements, lots of different papers show them going in different places,

And on a does Interest Paid go on the cash flow statment with tax paid or on the operating statement?

Many Thanks
  • SandyHood
    I hope the attached helps with the PCR 2006 question
    Sandy
    sandy@sandyhood.com
    www.sandyhood.com
  • kateo
    kateo Registered Posts: 2 New contributor 🐸
    Hello Sandy,

I was wondering, have you organised a MAC revision day in Manchester as I would be interested?

Thanks,

Kate O.
Privacy Policy