Did the earth move for you?

farmergiles
farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
Did the earth move for you last night when the 5.2 earthquake hit?
Was it an earthquake or was it the penny finally dropping at HMRC?

Comments

• Devilishbird
    Devilishbird Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    I was woken by my windows rattling, don't think HMRC are that good as I didn't feel the earth move so to speak :lol:
  • kendall17
    kendall17 Registered Posts: 42 Regular contributor ⭐
    i was awoken to my dog barking and bed shaking. didnt have a clue what it was, thought it was like the latest episode of skins where someone drives into front of house. either that or a dream lol. lost an hours sleep because of it though :(
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Sure did!
    Woke up to hear clothes hangers rattling - I thought hubbie was kicking them (they had been hanging on the bottem of the bed). Then realised he wasn't moving and so there must be something in the room! Hubbie moved feet, noise stopped so went to sleep, only to hear it on the radio about the quake when the alarm went off.

My daughter was nearer the epi-centre - bed and wardrobe was shaking, dogs barking. Scarred the living daylights out of her.

Given us something to talk about - better than the weather anyway!
  • Devilishbird
    Devilishbird Registered Posts: 56 Regular contributor ⭐
    Thought this was funny,posted by someone with a sense of humour on the echo's website,

A MAJOR EARTHQUAKE MEASURING 5.3 ON THE RICHTER SCALE, HIT ON WEDNESDAY 27 FEB 2008. IT EPICENTERED ON MARKET RASEN, LINCOLNSHIRE Victims can be seen wandering aimlessly. The Earthquake decimated the area, causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish costas were damaged. Three areas of historic and scientifically significant litter were disturbed Many were woken well before their giro arrived. Thousands are confused and bewildered, trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting has happened in Market Rasen. One resident, Donna-Marie Dutton, a 17 year old mother-of-three said "It was such a shock, little Chantal-Leanne came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two, Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it. I was still shaking when I was watching Trisha this morning." Apparently though, looting did carry on as normal. The British Red Cross have so far managed to ship 4000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken masses. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings including benefit books and jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos. * HOW YOU CAN HELP THOSE IN SURROUNDING AREAS This appeal is to raise clothing and food parcels for those unfortunate enough to be caught up in it. Clothing is most sought after. Items required include: - Baseball caps Hoodies Fila Jackets Heavy Twill Trousers (Male) Shell Suits (Female) Boots. Food parcels may be harder to put together but necessary all the same.. Required foodstuffs include: - Hollands Pies Black Peas Tripe and Onions "Pigs Blood Pud" Boddys Bitter Stella Artois Lager £2 buys chips, scraps and blue pop for a family of four £10 can take a family to Skegness for the day, where children can play on an unspoiled sea shore among the national collection of stinging nettles and dog poo 22p buys a biro for filling in a spurious compensation claim Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of "posh" housing is unfair on the other areas of population of Lincolnshire.
    Joe King, Middle Rasen
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Lol too funny devlish

I have spoken to about 25 people today who asked me the same question i didnt feel a thing (just in case my tutor is reading) i studied so hard last night i slept like a baby after an intence study session. In other word i just slept right through it lol
Privacy Policy