Sage Help

Options
Yazi
Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
Hi

Can anyone help on this one please.

Cheque raised end Feb for a Supplier. This Supplier took payment by Direct Debit so the Cheque was not sent.

In Maintenance deleted Cheque so this has gone from the supplier ledger.
In bank reconciliation the cheque is still showing.

How do I remove this from the Bank Rec?

Thanks in advance
Yas

Comments

• GILL
    GILL Registered Posts: 31 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Using file maintenance to delete the cheque should have removed it from both the bank and the supplier record???
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Gill, you have just beaten me to it!

Yas, are you sure you are looking at the cheque on the bank rec and not the DD payment?

I would have used file maintenance to amend the chq no. to DD and to the date it came off the bank instead of deleting.
  • Poodle
    Poodle Registered Posts: 711 Epic contributor 🐘
    Options
    Yas

Not sure which version you are using but sometimes this is a glitch that happens in line 50. It also happens when you delete an adjustment that you have made to the bank account when reconciling.

I have found that is you reconcile what you have and then go back into a fresh reconciliation it should disappear.

Poodle
  • Yazi
    Yazi Registered Posts: 225 Dedicated contributor πŸ¦‰
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for your replies.
    I use Sage Line 50. I did try to close everything and go back into the bank reconciliation, but the payment was still there. So I entered the bank statement balance as normal and highlighted the items to recocile but then I had the difference of the payment. Once I highlighted the payment the Difference went to "zero".
    I guess that you have to still reconcile the payment even though it had not left the bank but must have had a zero value somewhere in the sage brain.
    Does that make sense? Hope it is right.....

Yas
Privacy Policy