Need advice

Options
Spring Flower
Spring Flower Registered Posts: 14 New contributor 🐸
Hello,

Thank you very much to all who answer my question, that's really appreciated.:thumbup1:

Now I have offer a new job in accountancy firm, Which i'm strating from next week. I have been told that they using sage line package for accounting.
Can anyone pls advice me, how do i proceed my first day at work, i mean what are the basic thing i need to know or check on sage before i start to work. and also i'm bit confused wen it's come to reconciliation. Can anybody knows the tips to check the reconcil'n on sage.

Comments

• pernickety
    pernickety Registered Posts: 47 Regular contributor ⭐
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you very much to all who answer my question, that's really appreciated.:thumbup1:

Now I have offer a new job in accountancy firm, Which i'm strating from next week. I have been told that they using sage line package for accounting.
    Can anyone pls advice me, how do i proceed my first day at work, i mean what are the basic thing i need to know or check on sage before i start to work. and also i'm bit confused wen it's come to reconciliation. Can anybody knows the tips to check the reconcil'n on sage.

Sage, is like anything...easy once you know how! The accountancy practise should be willing to train you on Sage's use. The bank reconcilliation is straightforward - (although depends on the version of Sage you are using). You will have everything that you have entered through the bank (income and expenditure) - that should be your first check through, as some bank payments and Sos or DDs may not have been entered (unless you use the recurring entries option). So check all customer's sales receiptshave been entered and supplier payments also, then reconcilliation should be easy, you simply enter the date range in the reconcilliation window of the bank account, together with the balance on the bank statement, highlight each on your screen as you go down the statement - ensuring they match amounts and should balance! Like anything you will find it easier and can adapt it to suit how you post things once you are used to it.

Setting up Sage can be considerably more difficult, but I cant believe they would expect that of you, and would imagine that you will be working on readily established companies' accounts, which will of course have previously entered historical figures. Good idea for you to quickly learn Sage's default nominal structure and chart of accounts (if used) i.e. 0010 - 0099 = Fixed assets, 1100 onwards = current assets 2000s = liabilities, 3000 = capital 4000 = sales, 5000 = direct expenditure 6000 indirect expenditure, 7000/8000 = overheads etc. Providing you key in as has been consistent with whatever structure they have, all your knowledge from AAT should then be invaluable, especially as you prepare final accounts. Again, the COA should already be set up to bring through to the final reports the nominal code amounts. Dont worry, you will be fine, and they should train you anyway. Good luck:001_smile:
Privacy Policy