Two interviews, next week

god_shave_the_queen
god_shave_the_queen Registered Posts: 3 New contributor 🐸
Right, so I'm to have two interviews, on Monday and Tuesday next week, for Finance Assistant/Accounts Assistant-type jobs. The way I understand it, the associated roles for each job title are the checking and processing of invoices, querying which with suppliers, as necessary. Also ensuring spending for a small area is kept within a budget, for one role.

I've never before had an interview for a role such as these, so my reason for posting here is to ask as to what sort of questions I might expect to be asked. Also, when they inevitably ask at the end "do you have any questions?", what might be a good idea to ask?

I'm thinking they may simply ask "why do you want to go into Accounting?", which although very apt a question, seems remarkably hard to answer in detail, to me; anyone have any ideas as to this?

Thanking repliers in advance...:001_smile:

Comments

• A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor πŸ§™β€β™‚οΈ
    A question that i always ask

Is how did the job come about?

I find this a vital question as you need to know how and why the job became available.

There is a good link on the job center web site for interview techiqics.

Good luck, and remember there are never bad interviews there always a learning curv be yourself and honest.:thumbup1:
  • god_shave_the_queen
    Cheers for your reply, Vic. As regards the question you suggested: do you mean as it has potential implications as to the goings on of the company? Sorry if I seem thick, lol.
  • Jan
    Jan Registered Posts: 654 Epic contributor 🐘
    I asked my present boss why the previous person had left - he actually was a bit liberal with the truth. She had left her husband, but also couldn't stand the person she had to work with, but as that person was present at the interview that would have been a bit difficult to answer truthfully!
    You could ask if this is a newly created post or if the present person has left, in which case who would be training you.
  • A-Vic
    Just like jan explaned, the reason the job became open in the first place - because your at the interview to learn as much about the company as they are about you - at the end of the day it might turn out that you deceide that you dont want the job.

And it wasnt a daft question :)
  • god_shave_the_queen
    Thanks for your reply, Jan; looks like that's definitely a question to ask, lol. Thanks again to you, Vic. I hadn't considered it from that angle.

Do either of you two, or anyone else, know what sort of questions I might be asked for a job of this nature? I've hazarded a few guesses, but have never, as I say, gone for a job like this before. Only exactly 12 hours, and I'll know, lol.......
  • speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor 🐘
    Don't forget the shave. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Good luck
  • A-Vic
    god (seems strange calling you that lol)

i have a good interview preperation document if you would like it PM me your email address (goes for anyone who needs it) this will indicate what kind of questions you could be asked and how best to answer them.
Privacy Policy