Bpp

sharon
sharon Registered Posts: 161 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
Has anyone used BPP'S Revision pack? Someone mentioned to me that it may help me! Just wondering if anyone has ever used it?

(Apparentely you can order it from the website):thumbup:

Comments

• speegs
    speegs Registered Posts: 854 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    Hi Sharon

I study with BPP and use all their study material. Most of it is excellent but I have found a few errors in the past.

Speegs

We must stop meeting like this :lol:
  • sharon
    LOL!! Yes we really must!

I study with FTC and don't think there that good i mean the PTC Course does not start till next week!! So have not even had a text book to look at!

My manager said that BPP have revision packs which they sell on there website for about ยฃ15.00 so i thought i might get them. Have you come across them!

Speegs....Seriously we have a stident pack with FTC and there are always sooooo many mistakes!
  • sharon
    sharon wrote: ยป
    LOL!! Yes we really must!

I study with FTC and don't think there that good i mean the PTC Course does not start till next week!! So have not even had a text book to look at!

My manager said that BPP have revision packs which they sell on there website for about ยฃ15.00 so i thought i might get them. Have you come across them!

Speegs....Seriously we have a stident pack with FTC and there are always sooooo many mistakes!

I meant student pack not stident!!!!:001_smile:
  • speegs
    Hi Sharon

Which FTC are you studying with? If you are in London we could study buddy together.

The BPP PTC book is pretty good. I have used it along side the Kaplan and Osborne books. I have only found one error in it and it was more like they hadn't fully completed the answer than an actual error.

By the way my real name is Sara.

Sara/Speegs:thumbup:
  • sharon
    Hi Sara, I study in Milton Keynes. I am going to order the BPP Revision kit! Do you use that? Is it any good?

Need to get one for MAC, & DFS
  • speegs
    Hi Sharon

I am in Wembley.

For the PTC unit BPP produced a combined study kit and revision kit in one book. I think they did not this because the course is so short.

I use this book and it is very good.

sara
  • sharon
    Cool. I really want to qualify this August so badly!!! Have you done your project yet?

Are you planning to study Cima or Acca after?

p.s who's that cute kid as your profile pic?
  • speegs
    PTC is my last exam. I have done the project. It wasn't too bad.

I don't know if I will continue studying after AAT. THis is for two reasons:

1) When I sat my MAC exam I got so stressed out I ended up ill.

2) There is no more sponsorship from the company i currently work for and I can't afford to do it myself.

So at the moment, unless I change jobs, I will be continuing. However, if I did continue I would do ACCA. In the meantime I hope to go into practice with my dad. He is a fully fledged mutant (FCA). He even has the bald patch and big ears.

The cute kid. Well that is Molly my niece. She is 19 months old and the most chilled out toddler I know. Nothing fazes her. On the day of my MAC exam last December she was burnt in an accident and apart form the initial screaming when she got to hospital, once they put a biobrain on her burn she was good as gold. She spent 8 days in solitary ITU and l whilst there learnt to walk. She really is a gem. She is my brothers daughter. I am have been given official permission to spoil her rotten.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
  • sharon
    Oh bless she's been through a bit!!! She is adorable!!!
    Yes it sure is hard when you have to pay for the studys yourself!! Thankfully my company will sponser me for Cima. But so they should i only earn ยฃ15500!!!As a Assistant Accountant! It's pretty rubbish for what i do!

Any plans for the weekend?

Opps forgot it Only Thursday and not Friday...wishful thinking!!!
  • speegs
    This weekend is going to be very busy for me.

I am Jewish and Saturday is the first night of one of our festivals (Passover) so I have to help my mum prepare for it.

We don't normally bother too much as we are the worlds worst Jews (mmmmm bacon) but we have guests on Saturday night and so will be holding a service in our home around the dinner table. This is my most favourite service as it involves drinking four glasses of wine (or in my case, Whisky).

On Sunday, I will be in bed with one almighty hang over.

:lol:
    Sara
  • sharon
    LOL! Sounds like a good plan!!! I am going to have boring weekend - Revising!!!
    Might enjoy a few glasses of wine tonight put apart from that ...Study study and more study!!!
  • speegs
    Oh Sharon I am sooo stressed out at the moment. Please can you cheer me up.

Last night I drove passed a police van. It had blacked out windows and was facing side on to the road I was driving down so I could see the side windows. It was not marked as a speed unit but was definitely a police van with two bobbies sitting in the front. I am worried because I think I was being really irresponsible and driving at maybe 40 (certainly no higher) having lost concentration and let me speed creep up. It was a 30 zone. Do you think I am going to get done? I doubled back to see if it was a mobile unit but I really couldn't tell. There was no cameras poking out the windows like they normally have but with it having blacked out windows it might have been covert.

Oh what am I going to do? I am sooo stupid.
    :(
  • sharon
    Oh no! Don't worry....Seriously! You know what they were probably just doing stop checks, Stopping any random car.... Although very strange for them to have blacked out windows! I would'nt stress about it....seriously i think they would have followed you.... and gave you a warning! Only speed cameras can put points on your licence im sure the police have to give you a warning first! Don't stress...It'll be ok! wHAT YOU UP 2? You at work?
  • speegs
    Hi Sharon

Sometimes the police do use mobile camera units from vans and that is why I am worried. One the other hand they normally use high visibility vans so maybe I am just paranoid.

Anyway today I am planning to spend about ยฃ750k of the company's money on one of my twice monthly payment runs. Yippy.

What you are doing?

We should meet up sometime. I love Milton Keynes and used to go on holiday there every year (sad or what).

Sara
  • speegs
    By the way. Have you started your project yet?

Sara
  • sharon
    Yes difinately...I actually live in N'hampton but MK is half hour drive! PM me with you email account.
  • sharon
    I PM'd you with my email address!
  • sharon
    Email me on my work ad
Privacy Policy