POA on new tax return?

JodieR
JodieR Registered Posts: 1,002 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
I can't find where to enter 'payments on account for 2007/08 aready made' on the new-style tax returns online - anyone know where it's hiding?

Comments

• deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    You didn't put this on the old tax return so I doubt you do on the new one either..
  • JodieR
    I know it didn't show up on the actual tax return, but it did ask if you'd made any PoA towards the year in question and reflected that in the tax comp it produced.
  • deanshepherd
    deanshepherd Registered Posts: 1,809 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Ah sorry, misread your question.
  • Sue
    Sue Registered Posts: 217 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I could be wrong with this but I think it is supposed to be filled in automatically with the new style Tax Returns. I think State Pensions are supposed to filled in automatically as well.

Perhaps I'm being a bit optimistic!
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    I found this too. Strange, but it takes no notice of payments made on account in the computation. This just means I have to make a separate calculation for my clients to show them exactly where they are! Aren't the new Tax Returns awful.
  • JodieR
    Sue, unfortunately you are being waaaaaay too optemistic there! and yes TC, i agree, they really really are terrible. I've just filed mine hoping that once it was submitted it would let me print off something that looks half decent but nope, the only thing we've got to give to clients is some shoddy checklist full of 'NOT ENTERED'. Even the fields for 'tax due' and 'class 4 NI due' have 'NOT ENTERED' next to them which is ridiculous as it had already told me what my tax due was.
    I really feel that I'm going to be embarresed giving this to clients, so I'm going to change the direction of this thread & ask for recomendations for 3rd party software (prreferably ones where you know that it copes well with the new style please!)

:crying:
  • farmergiles
    farmergiles Registered Posts: 1,693 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Just checking the new tax return and if you go to page TCS 1(these are the tax calc sheets you order, see top of page TR5) you can enter 07/08 POA.
    We use TAxassist by Drummohr and this is included on the programme
  • claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    I use PTP and have found it to be brilliant - BUT - I haven't tried anything for this year yet...... watch this space!

Claudia
  • JodieR
    Just checking the new tax return and if you go to page TCS 1(these are the tax calc sheets you order, see top of page TR5) you can enter 07/08 POA.

I've managed to find this TCS 1 form and it seems to mirror the questions asked in the online version, however I still don't see where I'm meant to enter the PoA already made - am I being blind?! (my eyes are pretty shoddy... :P)
  • farmergiles
    Jodie, it's halfway down the form. Also in same section is cancellation of POA for current year. Do you want to borrow my glasses...LOL!
  • JodieR
    nope, still can't see it - boxes 7 & 8 mirror the old boxes 18.1 and 18.2 don't they? and then boxes 9 & 10 are about PoA for 2008/09 but I still don't see where you enter payments already made towards 2007/08.

:confused1:
  • farmergiles
    Between boxes 8 and 9 is a section headed "Payments on account" Box 1 is for payments made jan 2008, box 2 for poa due july 08, then other payments made towards 2008, then overpayment box. Then "cancel poa for current year".
    Am I looking at a different version to you? I'm looking at "Taxassist"
Privacy Policy