Warning Football Related Post

CJC
CJC Registered Posts: 1,657 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
Clears throat...

Boing Boing Baggies...Premiership here we come :lol:

Comments

• Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    And a personal note for me - the owls - safe at last!
  • A-Vic
    A-Vic Registered Posts: 6,970 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Pops head round the door

Yep deffo football am outta here :lol:

By the way woooohooooo come on rochdale afc beat darlington for Play offs

Gone :thumbup:
  • Cullen
    Cullen Registered Posts: 592 Epic contributor ๐Ÿ˜
    I used to go clubbing at Rochdale Football Club. Happy days.......
  • flower
    flower Registered Posts: 160 Dedicated contributor ๐Ÿฆ‰
    Do tell me CJC whats a baggies fan doing in Cornwall. Do hope they stay up this season.
    Looking forward to the Derby at Villa Park mind.
  • CJC
    It's a long and complicated story involving great joy but also tragedy and heartbreak, not to mention several years living little more than 100 yards from Villa Park. There is, I should admit, a small part of my heart that is Argyle green but most of it is Albion through and through.
  • flower
    Hope you get to see a few more matches this season.
  • Alice White
    Alice White Registered Posts: 12 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    How long will the baggies stay up this time?
  • flower
    Should think all those season tickets purchased will be on Ebay by mid October.
    Yes I know thats unkind but just dont think they are good enough for Premiership Football. Hope I am proved wrong. Have a lot of friends and relatives who are baggies fans
  • CJC
    Well, all we have to do is be better than Stoke, the team that comes up through the play-offs and one current Premiership side. We'll not be next season's Derby that's for sure.
  • A-Vic
    Wow really cullen did you? where abouts are you?
  • Cullen
    I am in Essex now, but I was born in Bury, educated in Rochdale, lived in Heywood and Moston, went clubbing in Burnley (Circulation Club),Rochdale( Football Club) Oldham (Baileys) Bolton (Va Va) Ashton (Smokeys) Heywood(Richmond) and mainly Manchester. Unfortunately this was all 30 years ago and these places are probably bingo halls or multi storey car parks now. But sometimes at night just before I fall asleep I think I can hear the faint strains of a reggae beat and the voice of Bob Marley calling me to the floor..........
  • A-Vic
    Yiks you moved a lot, Lol at Bob Marley - but unfortunatley i think most of the places you mentioned have gone (spend a great deal of time in Oldham and bury) *Hic* opps lol.

Which schools you go too?

I went to Broadfield (says a lot for the old school as it is now the job centre), Failnge Park, Kingsway and Deeplish Primary.

As far as i know tho thats about all for changes in the last 30 years in Rochdale.
  • A-Vic
    O and sorry distracting from football people - plus grr at dale losing first play off match in 90 min grr - we so need to win this saturday
  • CJC
    Sad to see Reading go down*. Not that I'm a particular fan but I once lived within spitting distance (literally) of the old Elm Park ground and went to see quite a few games there in the 95-96 season.

*The sadness being somewhat tempered by seeing Blues go down too
  • A-Vic
    CJC its always sad to see a team go down but the thing is that there a team religated and probs better than lower teams so wont stay there more than a year i bet.
  • kazseera
    kazseera Registered Posts: 87 Regular contributor โญ
    hope arsenal do better next season :crying:
  • CJC
    A-Vic wrote: ยป
    CJC its always sad to see a team go down
    Unless it's Leicester who's relegation was quite hilarious. For those not in the know (ie most of you I would think), Leicester's manager Ian Holloway/Hollowman is roundly despised in the South-West for the manner of his departure from Plymouth Argyle viz:-

Monday: I love Argyle and I'm not going anywhere.
    [Leicester chairman waves chequebook]
    Tuesday: Right I'm off.

Most amusing is that he described Leicester as a club that was 'going places'.

OK I know this is parochial stuff but what the hell.
  • Cullen
    Commiserations. My team did very well though and I am happy, just waiting for Moscow now.
    (I went to Rochdale Convent primary. My earliest memories of football was Sister Norberta hitching her long skirts up, dribbling the ball up the pitch, nutmegging with style but hacking anyone in her way a bit like Chopper Harris and her huge rosary beads clanking as she ran. This was in the sixties)
  • Bluewednesday
    Bluewednesday Registered Posts: 1,624 Beyond epic contributor ๐Ÿง™โ€โ™‚๏ธ
    CJC wrote: ยป
    Most amusing is that he described Leicester as a club that was 'going places'.

Well you can't deny it - they did go places!! Unfortunately downwards instead of upwards!
  • Cullen
    How about this A-Vic, my brother who lives in Syke has bought me a Rochdale Football Club shirt. It is a replica of their original design as it's their centenary year. He grudgingly admits that they nabbed the design off Newcastle. I have'nt seen it yet but I am trembling with excitement.
  • DuncyMoon
    DuncyMoon Registered Posts: 7 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I'd have to agree with CJC. Any manager who walks out on a team for the lure of money, especially when they are lower down the league, deserves to get relegated. :laugh:

Like you say though, Leicester will probably bounce right back.
  • A-Vic
    Wow Gimme

I so want the shirt however the new strip is to be sold on june 6th at the club shop and my birthdays coming up so might just go treat mysel :)

o and come on wemberley yeahhhh

(did i mention the girlie fact i dont do footy) lol

Syke - ooo kinda posh
  • A-Vic
    Leeds

Now thats a stiuation i would like to see resolved with a auto promotion after the 15 point shambles and yeah losing there manger they still manage to get to play finals - got to admire them dont you think
  • Deano
    Deano Registered Posts: 6 New contributor ๐Ÿธ
    I agree with CJC about Leicester, there was a resounding cheer in our house when Leicester got relegated - serves Hollowwords right we say!! Considering what Argyle's lads had to cope with in December/January, they did well.
Privacy Policy