Self-Assessment tax return

Options
pinoyLiz
pinoyLiz Registered Posts: 92 Regular contributor ⭐
When do HMRC normally send this form to the tax payers? I just thought it's right after 5th of April but haven't received mine yet.

Any infos?

Thanks,
L

Comments

• claudialowe
    claudialowe Registered Posts: 275 Dedicated contributor 🦉
    Options
    Hi L

The majority of my clients (me included!) have not been sent an actual return, as they were filed online last year. All you get is a green piece of paper telling you that you have got to submit one, and that last year you did it online. Accompanying this is a little booklet extolling the virtures of filing online - doh - they already know that this client filed online last year!!!!!!!!!!!

A very few have been sent an actual return. Most of these went out soon after 6th April 2008.

If you have a client who is missing one, I suggest that they (or you if you have a 64-8 in place) phone the trolls and ask for another copy.

Claudia
  • pinoyLiz
    Options
    Thanks Claudia,

I am new and it's going to be my first return. If I will register for online filing, I dont have my tax reference yet!! ought to call them?? :-(
  • T.C.
    T.C. Registered, Tutor Posts: 1,448 Beyond epic contributor 🧙‍♂️
    Options
    Have you actually registered as self-employed yet?
  • pinoyLiz
    Options
    Thanks for the help guys, I already called them and ask to send me one!! I registered on January.
Privacy Policy